Get a grip !

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OMG I am so sorry you are down. I think the cold and the dark makes it harder to stay cheerful. I know you have been ill and puppy is expensive but please talk to your friends as they all adore you I am sure.

A Bailey's is a great idea. I had a glass of mulled wine and it helped me to chill when I had a panic phase about my work this weekend.

Maybe make yourself do one Christmas decoration everyday to cheer yourself up. Watch the telly put on nice music etc. We are all thinking of you.

swx
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Big hugs and a little telling off to naughty pup! xx
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Thanks for your support x I've slept most of the day but did manage 2 loads of washing, a bit of ironing and washing up and 2 short puppy walks. I also made myself write my Christmas cards which I bought in the January sales. Just need to get some stamps now.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,602 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 December 2017 at 9:04PM
    Options
    Back to work today. I have done nothing but eat ! Funnily enough I had a letter from the diabetic team congratulating me on my lower HbA1c :rotfl:must be the pills !

I have just paid my credit card bills. The old card is now cleared again after I mistakenly forgot the pin for the new 0% card and had to use it for food shopping.

I had an email from EON to provide my opening meter readings but when I logged in to try it said there is a problem with the gas that they are trying to fix. I tried phoning but was on hold for over 10 minutes and so I gave up and have sent them a message through the online account which will hopefully get to them to sort it out.

Puppy has been very naughty with DS this morning when he came home to look after her for a few hours. She has cracked another chunk out of her plastic collar and has been chewing the edge of the door :( She is off to vets later this afternoon so I will have to look at a different collar, maybe an inflatable one although the write-ups aren't great but at least we may be able to put her in her crate with it on so she doesn't bite another big chunk out of the door !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Vet said puppy is healing well which is good news. He said not to bother with an inflatable collar as they don't work so saved £15. He said to carry on taping up the existing one ;)

Am trying to stay awake till 10pm so I can put puppy out for the last time of the evening and then put her to bed. If I lie down on the sofa I know I am going to fall asleep .... zzzzz

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Great news on your HbAlc, I go for mine tomorrow. lol.

I hope puppy continues to get better and she will grow out of chewing everything soon I hope.

I do hope you are able to enter your EON readings.

All is well here. :j
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Back to work today. I have done nothing but eat ! Funnily enough I had a letter from the diabetic team congratulating me on my lower HbA1c :rotfl:must be the pills !

I have just paid my credit card bills. The old card is now cleared again after I mistakenly forgot the pin for the new 0% card and had to use it for food shopping.

I had an email from EON to provide my opening meter readings but when I logged in to try it said there is a problem with the gas that they are trying to fix. I tried phoning but was on hold for over 10 minutes and so I gave up and have sent them a message through the online account which will hopefully get to them to sort it out.

Puppy has been very naughty with DS this morning when he came home to look after her for a few hours. She has cracked another chunk out of her plastic collar and has been chewing the edge of the door :( She is off to vets later this afternoon so I will have to look at a different collar, maybe an inflatable one although the write-ups aren't great but at least we may be able to put her in her crate with it on so she doesn't bite another big chunk out of the door !

I'm here Skint yet Again,

I'm sorry you were on hold for so long :o I know we're trying really hard to get the wait times down and we do have the 'live chat' on the website, if that's better for you or Twitter/Facebook.

But you can always send the reads to me and I'll get someone to get them on to your account for you :D my email is in my profile page.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,602 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 December 2017 at 5:27PM
    Options
    Thanks Helena, I have managed to log in today and can now see my tariff details and have managed to submit my meter readings from yesterday. I have submitted the same readings I sent yesterday on the enquiry form as I didn't want to confuse things. Hope this was the right thing to do.

I finished work early today to get home for puppy and the naughty madam has chewed the footstool in her room :( Plastic collar is still in one piece. Roll on Sunday night when it comes off ! Took her for a walk, it was quite mild but very dull and grey.

I had some leftover sausages with a jacket potato, peas & gravy for lunch and still feel quite stuffed so may just have a snack later for dinner.

Just back from a second dog walk and its getting windy and chilly out. We are forecast some wild wet and windy weather.

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Blimey puppy keeps chewing. Did the vet say this was normal. Ours chewed when he was little but it was so long ago Ive forgotten. Well done on nice healthy food. Ive been snacking for most of this week.

I don't know how you have managed to walk in this awful weather. I am not moving unless I have too. Well done.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Unfortunately Labradors are renowned for chewing ! She was good today and hadn't chewed anything when I got home from work. Took her for a walk in the rain at 11am and she was quite happy trotting along with the plastic cone keeping her head dry :) Thankfully it had dried up when I walked her at 3.30pm. DS will be doing puppy shift in the morning till lunch time when he goes to work.

DS has gone out for dinner and I am being naughty and have ordered pizza :o I did use a voucher code and got 50% off so £7 reduction and will use my entertainment budget.

Still feeling under the weather so have turned down a night out tomorrow. Friends are going to a local pub to see a band but my head is all congested and sore throat so I am giving it a miss. I have booked my hair appointment today and as DP's are giving me cash for Christmas I will use some of that to pay for it. Cut and colour/highlights is £42. Having a new hairdo will hopefully cheer me up

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback