New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.1K replies 173.7K views

Replies

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_HelenaE.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coop energy confirmed I can switch to another provider without exit fees so I have applied to switch to EON through the MSE energy club with £25 cash back. I hope it goes through ok and is not affected by my new bank account only being open a few days.

Hiya Skint yet Again,

Welcome to E.ON :) nice to have you.

Don't worry about the switch, if you need any help just ask me, it's no problem at all. You can set up your Direct Debit via the online account once you've got your account number so this should all be fine as well.

Shout up if you want me.

Helena:D
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Helena thanks for the reassurance. I am an EON returning customer, I left just under a year ago. My bank account switch is tomorrow but I already have the account details so I submitted those to set up the direct debit when I applied. I just wasn't sure if it would affect my credit checks. Hopefully it will all go smoothly.
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE :)
    Emergency fund £1000 now 51 and saving for retirement !
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its been a warm sunny afternoon. I scrubbed down the patio and took the puppy for a walk on the common near the sea. Its meant to be cold and frosty tonight so I have put my windscreen cover on the car so I don't have to scrape it or pay for de-icer. Few £1 saved !

I am so glad its Friday tomorrow. Its been a looong week. I am working a short day again tomorrow so I will finish at 10.30. :j
    Hope the weather is nice so I can get some washing done.
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    14.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG wasn't that good of Helena to post. Holy moly. Glad you had good weather and had a walk. You are so fit now and I feel really naughty as I just eat!!!! It's nearly the weekend. It's great that you have an early finish. I hope you have a good evening and little frost.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You were right SW there was no frost this morning ! But it was chilly brrr ! Heating was on for 15 minutes whilst getting ready for work. Its lovely and sunny out now but I just got back from walking the puppy and there is a definite nip in the air. It looks like summer but it aint ! Just about to have the last portion of slow cooker stew from the freezer for lunch.

My rewards were paid into my old account yesterday so I transferred £50 into the xmas account. My old current account shows zero online today so I will check my new account and make sure the money is there.

I have had a welcome email from EON so the gas and electric transfer has been agreed :j
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello hooray for the successful EON transfer.:T:T:T I have had the heating on for hours this week and last week. So has my housemate. :eek::eek::eek:

Well done on the xmas fund. I spent mine in the summer. :rotfl::rotfl:
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eek to the heating SW !! I wouldn't have shown the lodger how to turn it on lol

I managed to get a load of towels washed yesterday and mostly dried outside finished off on airers by radiators last night. The timer on my boiler is still working if I turn it manually and comes on in 15 minute intervals so we had it on for 15 mins a couple of times last night to take the chill off.

Its cold out this morning. Have been down to put puppy out at 6am and fed her so she is snoozing now and I am back in bed. DS is getting up to walk her this morning so I can have a lie in :D

Forecast for today dull and cold :( If its windy I will put some washing out if its dry. I am going to do some batch cooking later, maybe chilli and shepherds pie for freezer meals during week. Can just bung them in the microwave when I'm too tired to cook in the evenings
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cold here too. Ive washed two lots of clothes and dried them indoors as it rained. I met friends for lunch in town. Total spend was only £10 for travel ( I had to buy two bus tickets as I lost mine!) friend paid for lunch.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh that was a pain in the purse losing the bus ticket SW. Glad you had a nice meal with your friend.

It rained here too, so only did 1 small load of washing in the afternoon placed on airers by the radiators for drying when the heating came on a few times in the evening.

DS took puppy out in the morning so I managed to deodorise the carpet in the puppy area next to the kitchen with some baking soda for half an hour and then a good hoover. Also mopped the kitchen floor and hoovered the rest of the house and the bedrooms. Didn't get round to any batch cooking.

In the afternoon I walked to the coop for a few bits and pieces, bin bags £2, milk 4 pints has gone up from £1 to £1.10 !! carrots 39p peppers £1.50 and a naughty vienetta £1 :p Some items more expensive than aldi but I didn't need to drive and didn't buy lots of extra items.

I walked the puppy around 3.30 when the rain had stopped. We went round the local pond and mainly stuck to the roads today as the fields would have been very wet and muddy and she had a long walk in the morning. For the first time in ages she was good for the entire walk :D It seems to be running around on the grass and chasing a ball that gets her over excited. Hopefully she will grow out of this stage soon !

Was tempted by a takeaway in the evening but instead stir fried a chicken breast with some peppers, micro rice and an egg and added a bit of black bean sauce from an aldi jar and was yummy. Saved some money as you have to order at least a tenners worth online for delivery.
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG. You did lots of things. Well done it sounds like a productive day.