Vodafone Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• garrycullen
    Options
    Having viewed the MSE website I contacted Vodafone earlier today as my sim contract was up for renewal. Would only reduce monthly price from £18.42 to £15. The Customer Service adviser would go no lower. Said I would think about it, but then found a deal with Three, so phoned again and asked for discontinuations and they reduced the price again to £12 a month, saving £6.42 a month, a price cut of over a third!

Happy with Vodafone generally so while not as cheap as the Three deal, I was happy so stay put.

Thanks Martin and team for all the advice you continue to provide on so many issues. It is much appreciated.

Regards,

Garry
  • Namechanger
    Options
    Due an upgrade from Vodafone, on a Huawei P20 LITE currently paying £44 a month, can upgrade to P30 LITE and it will be £39 a month but carphone warehouse and mobilesdirect.co.uk seem to have cheaper deals ?

How can they do it so much cheaper and should I go through them ?
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Due an upgrade from Vodafone, on a Huawei P20 LITE currently paying £44 a month, can upgrade to P30 LITE and it will be £39 a month but carphone warehouse and mobilesdirect.co.uk seem to have cheaper deals ?

How can they do it so much cheaper and should I go through them ?

"Upgrade" = brand new contract designed to lock you in for another two years at a very high price.
  • austinali
    Options
    Once again my 2 year contract was coming to an end, so I rang the upgrades team about a month before my contract was coming to an end and tried to haggle a deal but they would only give me about 20% off (phone contracts).

I requested my PAC code which they gave but they also told me to speak to the 'refuse to lose' team during the week. After numerous attempts to get through to them (no direct number), I haggled and was offered 30% off my monthly bill for any phone, include the Samsung Note 10+5G AND the new iphone 11 pro!

I settled for the new iPhone 11 128gb, 20gb data (10mbs speed), unlimited data & text for £46.90 a month (Usually £67 a month!), £29 handset cost, free delivery!
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2020 at 11:22AM
    Options
    Got my PAC from Vodafone yesterday, and then a few hours after received a text inviting me to call 0808 005 7313 or visit vodafone.uk/upgradediscount to see what they could do for me.

Do these get me to the retentions team who are able to offer the proper discounts or do I need to wait for them to call me as has happened in the past?
  • kai666
    kai666 Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2020 at 11:46AM
    Options
    The_Boss said:
    Got my PAC from Vodafone yesterday, and then a few hours after received a text inviting me to call 0808 005 7313 or visit vodafone.uk/upgradediscount to see what they could do for me.

Do these get me to the retentions team who are able to offer the proper discounts or do I need to wait for them to call me as has happened in the past?
    That is proper retentions. I got that message, rang it, and got a 25% discount instead of the 10 or 15% the upgrade people were offering.

I found though, don't bother with the link, it offers the same as the normal upgrade people. Ring and speak to someone. They were very nice, and offered something straight away
  • Bigun28
    Bigun28 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kai666 said:
    The_Boss said:

That is proper retentions. I got that message, rang it, and got a 25% discount instead of the 10 or 15% the upgrade people were offering.

I found though, don't bother with the link, it offers the same as the normal upgrade people. Ring and speak to someone. They were very nice, and offered something straight away
    Interesting. I've been with them for numerous years and have 7 phones on contract with them that all finish at the same time.  Haggled every renewal and got a 30%+ discount each time because I had so many phones and been a loyal customer. 
    This time they were just offering a 15% discount take it or leave it, claiming they don't do any better than 15%.  Been back to haggle 4 times to their retentions and they won't move, and now prices have increased with the current covid issue stopping production in China.  So started looking elsewhere and am getting a better deal with more than the 15% off the web. But might try this Vodafone contact once last time. 
  • withaspritz
    withaspritz Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Boss said:

Did you get the PAC via texting 85075 or over the phone?
  • kai666
    kai666 Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    Options
    The_Boss said:

My understanding is only pay as you go can text for their PAC code. Pay monthly have to phone due to having to give 30 days notice etc
  • withaspritz
    withaspritz Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 April 2020 at 6:22PM
    Options
    kai666 said:
    The_Boss said:

My understanding is only pay as you go can text for their PAC code. Pay monthly have to phone due to having to give 30 days notice etc
    Not since July 1st 2019 https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/end-it-with-a-text-mobile-switching
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback