Options
    Would help if you gave us the date.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cg87 wrote: »
    sure:
    The flight was from London to Sao Paulo with a stop over in Casablanca.
    flight no. AT215
    3hr 30m arrived late
    The issue was a technical fault with the plane.
    Currently AT215 is Casablanca to Sao Paulo only so any UK to Casablanca flight would have a different number. Was this the case for you and if so, what what was the first flight number? Scheduled and actual departure/arrival times for both would also help.
  • cg87
    Options
    24th Oct 2018
  • cg87
    Options
    Yes, I had a London to Casablanca flight followed by a Casablanca to Sao Paulo flight:

AT803 was London to Casablanca. Scheduled departure time 12.10. I dont have the details for this one but I think this flight pretty much departed and landed on schedule.

Someone passed on the details for the following flight to me from a website flightaware.com.

The AT215 scheduled departure was 16.25 but flew out at 19.46 from Casablanca (3hrs21mins late). Original scheduled arrival time was 21.35 but landed 01:04+1 (3hrs29mins late).
  • cg87
    cg87 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,
    I received this message from RAM earlier today so it seems like the email I sent on 24th got through to them this time so I expect they're going to pay. I'm a bit surprised though that the previous 2 times they never received my email. Hopefully this gives a bit of insight and helps others out there.

Subject: Initial flight AT803 on 2018/10/24, from London.
    Delay of connecting flight AT215 on 2018/10/24, from Casablanca.

Dear XXXXX

We acknowledge receipt of your claim and on behalf of Royal Air Maroc, we apologize for any difficulty you have experienced resulting from the above incident, due to additional technical cheeks.

Therefore, as compensation and in accordance with European regulations CE.261/2004, Royal Air Maroc offers you an amount of 700 EUR (Seven Hundred Euros) as a travel voucher to use on our routes with a validity of one year, or a value amount of 600 EUR (Six Hundred Euros) by bank transfer, in favor of:

XXXXX

If you select a bank transfer, you will receive your compensation within 4 to 6 weeks maximum. To this end, we kindly invite you to send us a copy of your bank account details. Alternatively, you will receive your travel voucher within 48 hours at the following address: XXXX. Travel voucher can be used at any Royal Air Maroc agency or through our Call Center.

Therefore, we kindly invite you to provide us with your choice, within the next 15 days.

Ensuring the satisfaction of our customers is at the heart of our ambitions and our mission, we look forward, Dear XXXXX, to having the pleasure of welcoming you once again aboard a Royal Air Maroc flight in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Royal Air Maroc
    Customer Relations
  • briann0107
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was supposed to fly back from Bodrum to Luton on the 6th October. We (a family of 6 and a baby) arrived at check in with loads of time to spare (massive queue). After waiting around 40mins, the check-in halted and everyone remaining people were told we would not be getting the flight and have been denied boarding as one of the hostess has called in sick and they can not have any other people board.

We were in front of the check-in desk from around 19.30 (when we originally queued) until 23.30. During this time we were not provided information on why they never hand picked the people that wouldn’t board - they denied babies, a ill pregnant woman and elderly people. We were never offered hot drinks or food, with very few seats available. Sunexpress staff left around 21.30 and left it to bodrum airport staff to deal with us as an intermediate between us and Sunexpress office.

We eventually got onto a bus at 23.30 to take us to Antalya (6 hour drive) and placed in a hotel, unknown to when we would fly. We had to take it upon ourselves individually to contact sunexpress to arrange another flight at their cost which was at 08.35 from Antalya to Luton on tuesday the 8th October.

Just wondering if somebody knowledgable could please advice where we stand in regards to compensation from SunExpress?

I’ve had a quick look through EU regs 261/2004 but not sure if this stands as we were departing from Turkey?

Any help wouldbe much appreciated!
    Brian
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you need to look at the SHY regulations as EU261 will not apply
    http://web.shgm.gov.tr/doc4/shy-passenger.pdf
  • Escorcio
    Escorcio Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looking at potentially going to small claims court.

I had a flight booked to Abu Dhabi back in November.
    I received notification that the flight was cancelled 7 days before departure, and the alternative flight was for 11 hours later than the original, I should be due €600.

I booked this flight through travel agent GetAFlight, and they were the ones to send me notification of cancellation.

I first complained to GetAFlight, who stated I needed to claim from the airline (Gulf Air) as they are responsible for schedule changes and compensation claims.

I complained to Gulf Air who state they sent notification to the travel agent more than a month in advance, however they are unwilling or unable to provide proof of this to me.

Can a travel agent be liable for compensation under EC 261/2004? Or do I still go after Gulf Air?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Escorcio wrote: »
    Looking at potentially going to small claims court.

I had a flight booked to Abu Dhabi back in November.
    I received notification that the flight was cancelled 7 days before departure, and the alternative flight was for 11 hours later than the original, I should be due €600.

I booked this flight through travel agent GetAFlight, and they were the ones to send me notification of cancellation.

I first complained to GetAFlight, who stated I needed to claim from the airline (Gulf Air) as they are responsible for schedule changes and compensation claims.

I complained to Gulf Air who state they sent notification to the travel agent more than a month in advance, however they are unwilling or unable to provide proof of this to me.

Can a travel agent be liable for compensation under EC 261/2004? Or do I still go after Gulf Air?

You claim from Gulf Air, who must be able to prove that they informed you two weeks or more prior to any cancellation to avoid paying compensation. The onus of proof is on them, so even they may be able to prove they told the agent it counts for nothing.

This is a regular problem with booking agents.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • saime
    Options
    Had a delay in July 2015. Claimed from the airline in October 2018. Ukraine International said I passed the 2 year limit. I claimed via Resolver in Feb 2019, the same reply. I escalated to CAA via Resolver in May 2019. No reply at all. What to do next?

Anyone has any experience or ideas? Thanks in advance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback