AQE Exam Results

Options

Comments

• newtownabbey_mum
    Options
    What did we pay for the test, was it £35? I've now forgotten. I've just done a horrendous calculation and came up with the assumption that if 7000 kids sat the test at a cost of £35 then AQE have accumulated £245,000 for running the test. :eek: What have we got for our money? A lot of heartache and confusion. :mad: Its no wonder AQE and GL failed to come to an agreement for a combined approach for the transfer 2011 kids. Somebody somewhere is making a fortune out of this.

So where exactly did that money go? Yes they printed off papers and sent them to the 37 grammar schools but lets be honest there has been little else they have done. Its the AQE Grammars who are to be applauded for their excellent management on the 3 Saturdays last year and the familiarisation days. :T

1. They sent out marks which left people even more in the dark than they were before.

2. They have provided stock responses to every question rather than take the time to explain things.

3. They will not provide a breakdown of results.

4. They will not provide a copy of the papers.

5. They will not provide information on age standardisation.

6. We are all still sitting here clueless a year after we applied for the tests in the first place.

As I have said before something really isn't right here and I cannot accept that AQE are not being taken to task for what is increasingly looking like a cover up operation. AQE we know you read this thread so please do take the opportunity to defend yourselves. :mad:

I emailed the Irish News about 3 weeks ago asking them whether they would get involved in trying to get answers. Unfortunately I have not had a response. I chose them as they did an article before linking on to this forum.

yes we paid £35. I really feel that it is some sort of a cover up at this stage now. When i phoned a couple of weeks ago i was told that there were copyright issues etc but surely these would have been ironed out before the children sat the tests as they wouldnt have been able to publish the papers otherwise?? i really feel they are just hoping that when the results of the schools are out that if most children get the school they want then we will forget about this. i for one wont. i will be contacting the office again very shortly and wont stop until i get a copy of the papers. its disappointing that the media wont take this further etc as well.
  • Bonno_2
    Bonno_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone thought of contacting the "Stephen Nolan" Show?
  • AKA3
    AKA3 Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 14 May 2010 at 5:30PM
    Options
    I suspect that the Irish News will not follow this story as the majority of their readers will have opted for GL.
    The lack of engagement from the Belfast Telegraph reflects the fact that they have been advocates of the AQE from an early stage.
    The inability of AQE to answer the questions relating to age standardisation & the observation of a paucity of high (120plus) scores for older children by parents & teachers continues to give me huge cause for concern; grand total is still 1!
    Thankyou for your private replies - good luck.
  • Golden_Anemone
    Golden_Anemone Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2010 at 11:34PM
    Options
    sorry - wrong thread. It is so past my bedtime. :-)
  • newtownabbey_mum
    Options
    Bonno wrote: »
    Has anyone thought of contacting the "Stephen Nolan" Show?

i had a look at the BBC website but i dont think his show is on anymore?? I cant think who in the media would help us.
  • newtownabbey_mum
    Options
    vincennes wrote: »

thanks for that. i have contacted the programme and asked them to look into it for me.
  • butterflymum
    butterflymum Posts: 987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What did we pay for the test, was it £35? I've now forgotten. I've just done a horrendous calculation and came up with the assumption that if 7000 kids sat the test at a cost of £35 then AQE have accumulated £245,000 for running the test. :eek: What have we got for our money? A lot of heartache and confusion. :mad: Its no wonder AQE and GL failed to come to an agreement for a combined approach for the transfer 2011 kids. Somebody somewhere is making a fortune out of this.

This years application out now - £38!!!!!
    butterfly )i(
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder what they are getting for the extra £3. :eek:

Just 2 weeks to go now to the letters. It seems like forever since we got the results letter on 6 February.

It would be really lovely if people would check into the thread again on 29 May to let us know how their children got on. Lets hope that they all got their choice of school and that everyone lives happily ever after. Then we can start moaning about the cost of uniforms. :rotfl:
  • newtownabbey_mum
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know if AQE have put the tests that the kids sat on their website yet?? i have gone into have a look and there are a few example papers but not sure if they are the correct ones. does anyone else know??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure