e2save problem (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Repo
    Repo Posts: 446 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to know what happened to the previous thread too...

My gf sent off her stuff nearly three weeks ago by recorded and it's still not showing as picked up on the RM site. We were thinking of getting another 2 contracts from there but they've got no chance now.
    EGG are a bunch of complete bankers!
  • jaxxy00
    jaxxy00 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    Ive got 3 contracts with e2save and 2 with carphonewarehouse. The 12th bill i sent off for the last cashback from carphonewarehouse on 2 contracts (never had a problem with the other cashbacks on these contracts) and also the first bill for two of the contracts with e2save and also a reminder one as the first wasnt received.

So ive sent 5 recorded delivery letters in the last month or so and non of them have got there. :mad: I spoke to my post office lady and she said ring the Wednesbury sorting office and find out if theres a problem their end. Ive done that this morning and told the man i have sent 5 letters recorded delivery which are all missing, he then said 'are they all for carphone warehouse at P.O. Box 4259' so i said yes why.

He then went on to tell me that as of last week they have changed the office where they are dealt with as the Wednesbury office is too small to handle them all. He said they are getting 800-900 recorded delivery letters daily (yes daily) for CPW, E2save etc at PO Box 4259. As of last week they are getting sent to Dunstable office, he thinks it is, to be dealt with.

So when you consider that amount of post then that could go some way to explain the holdups.
  • Coatze_2
    Coatze_2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    And the correct address to send your cashback claim to is

I would be greatful. about to post mine special delivery and fax it.
  • jaxxy00
    jaxxy00 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    Coatze wrote:
    And the correct address to send your cashback claim to is

I would be greatful. about to post mine special delivery and fax it.

Hi! The address where to send your claim is still the same its just the sorting office that deals with it has changed, thats all. Hope you have better luck than me and from what ive been told lately by Royal Mail etc about compensation i would be sending it Special Delivery with consequential loss cover. I found this out the other day as even if its sent Special Delivery you will not be covered for your chequeback amount lost only if you have brought the extra 'consequential loss' cover which is another £1.25 i think it was. Thats how i will be sending all my future ones, its going to cost about £5.50 a time in all for each claim but well worth it when youre talking about £80-£100 a time.

Good luck.
  • malc1603
    malc1603 Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    I've been told by E2save if you send it within the 30 days and provide the tracking number, that even if it goes missing you can resend another bill to them even after the 30 days is up. ie. the 30 day condition is met if you provide them with this proof of sending.

This might mean though that the Special Delivery consequential loss might be worthless - if they give you more than one opportunity to send in a cashback claim.
  • Sparky67
    Sparky67 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    malc1603 wrote:
    I've been told by E2save if you send it within the 30 days and provide the tracking number, that even if it goes missing you can resend another bill to them even after the 30 days is up. ie. the 30 day condition is met if you provide them with this proof of sending.

I was told this too - I posted mine by Recorded Delivery as it asked you to, but it was never signed for. However, I rang E2Save after a week or so and they said it wouldn't be on their system yet but because I had the tracking number even if I eventually needed to resend it (and it would be outside the time limit) then that would mean they would honour it.

However, I still rang them again a few days later - same story.

Rang again a few days later (they log each call on your file, so my theory was if they knew I was going to be persistant they wouldn't fob me off), but on this occassion that confirmed my application had been received and was being processed.

Didn't get the confirmation text until a few days after that though!

Still waiting for the cheque, but then I understand it can take a while. At least I have confirmation though, and without too much difficulty.
  • Ferris
    Ferris Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    malc1603 wrote:

This might mean though that the Special Delivery consequential loss might be worthless - if they give you more than one opportunity to send in a cashback claim.

this is fine in theory, and when i rang them yesterday they promised me the same thing (i'd sent my claim recorded on the 10th july, still no sign of it on the RM site, and also not yet on e2save's system).

however, it was only after i put the phone down that i realised that if a bill claim won't get to them, then it would be just as difficult to send the recorded delivery slip (they didn't say anything about sending a copy of it, so it'd have to be the original). the only way round it would be to send the recorded delivery slip by special delivery :)

in the end, i just resent another copy of the whole claim by special delivery instead... cost £4.10, posted yesterday 3pm, and the RM site already says it's been delivered (from the Wolverhampton office, apparently). i think some sort of peace of mind is worth £4.10... i'll claim a refund for the lost recorded claim i sent once the 15 days are up (moneysaver till the end :))
  • Coatze_2
    Coatze_2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    In relation to sending off my bill.

My phone was purchased on 03/05/06.

In the old thread there was a discussion with regards to what you send. Do you send your 4th Bill or 3rd Bill. for example the E2 save website indicates that I should send my August bill to them, do you take the date your invoice was issued or my bill that includes the service from 15/07/06 to 14/08/06. (which would be my 3rd bill)

Please help

cheers
  • BarGin
    BarGin Posts: 951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sent my first of 3 claims by Recorded Delivery in April. They've acknowledged receipt of my claim over the phone several times and say the cheque's on its way!

Every time I phone to chase it they say they've re-ordered it and to allow 21 working days to receive it.

I'm thinking of making a legal claim but am unsure whether to wait until they're late for the 3rd claim (due in December) to go for the whole lot or will have to claim for each one individually.

I'm having a similar problem with a claim from CPW - I sent it by Special Delivery and they sent me a cheque for £22 on time when it should have been £68! Again told to expect the balance within 21 working days!

By contrast just had £150 paid direct to my bank account from MobileShop dead on time without any chasing. I know who I'll be using in future.

BarGin
  • Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    Options
    i had exactly the same problem .It took just over 2 weeks for acknowledgement and recorded slip shows as not delivered(we all ought to claim off of royal mail and maybe they will start getting them signed for like we pay for! Also i have noticed that the cashback voucher and return instructions on the website have 2 different post codes which is wierd.
    Anyway, i did get my text but i also ordered another statement from orange ready to send if they lost it. so give them plenty of time .Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure