Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone - just popping in very quickly to say all is well in the Elephant household.

Lack of time to post much at the moment and I really need to catch up on YNAB.

Hoping to post later on this week.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad all is ok xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to hear from you and that all is well x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just lost my post.... grrrr

Very busy here but not sure why apart from still trying to get things straightened out and get on top of Committee work etc.

STBEXH being a nightmare, spending like he has no commitments, was overdrawn by 4th of the month and had to move some money in from savings. More DD's came out last week and bounced and he was in a right panic - |I went round and sorted him a budget which he said he would do but didnt. He has opened some new bank accounts and will move his income and outgoings across and will have a bill account as well as spending account.

I had to move some money from savings back to him so he can cover the DD's which will be taken this coming week - I am annoyed as he said I could have that money to pay for the furniture which went on my credit card.
    I'm hoping that once he sticks to the budget he will have some spare moneyand can pay me back.

Everything going good on my side but really need to catch up with YNAB as things are very tight here at the moment.

In sad news one of my kittens was killed on the road outside, its the only one who was still coming home every morning. The lady who did it was devastated and knocked on my door even though it was 10pm.
    In sadder news his brother (who disappears for days) came home after weeks away and was looking for his brother and he wouldnt stop crying. He eventually calmed down and went outside and I havent seen him since and that was 2 weeks ago today.
    So I only have my outdoor cat left now although I think the others are about as her food goes at an alarming rate.

Hope to be back on more regularly this week.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sad kitten news :cry::cry:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh and your soon to be ex does not get any better with money does he!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the kittens :( and :mad: to STBEX. It’s not fair that things are tight for you while he owes you money.

Hope this week is a better one for you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry to hear the bad news about the cats :( Cats are so stupid with roads, you can see how they get run over, I've seen them dashing across busy roads without looking :(

Boo to the ex and his rubbish money management. You shouldn't have to still sort him out :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aw, I'm really sad to read about the kittens. Awful news... :cry:
    As for the STBEX - do you have to keep bailing him out? Are they joint debts? I'm only still paying towards mine until I sort the mortgage out - hopefully within the next fortnight. Then once I've bought him out of the house he is well and truly on his own...
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I agree with CCL. As long as you keep bailing him out the longer he will go on not being responsible for his spending.... he'll find it so easy to 'go into panic mode' and come running to you. What would have happened if you'd spent all your money??

So sorry to hear about your kittens. (((hugs)))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family