British Airways refusing to refund me

Options

Comments

• CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    a.ferra wrote: »
    A solicitor doesn't need to advise me not to book anything as the judge is legally required to work around this as it was booked pre court case.

Umm... no. The judge is legally required to do what's in the best interest of your child. A solicitor should have advised you not to book anything until after the hearing as a judge can say 'yes', or 'no' (clearly). This isn't the judges fault, nor is it the fault of BA.
  • SHAFT
    SHAFT Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Trust me 16 court hearings in less than 3 years, I am an expert on this, the judge DOES have to take into account any pre-booked holidays

So as an expert on this why did you tell the judge they are wrong?
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Every other thread has the OP getting nasty with people who reply. Why bother eh?

Find another site you prefer. Maybe mumsnet is more your speed.
  • stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Trust me 16 court hearings in less than 3 years, I am an expert on this, the judge DOES have to take into account any pre-booked holidays
    Maybe if you were a bit less of an expert you might have found yourself going to court a bit less?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well your advise wasn't welcome or smart, it is actually offensive to suggest to ANY mother in the UK going through family court proceedings to give the tickets to their abuser.

Have some common sense not to offend in the first place

In this case, I presume you've already had contact with womens aid?
    Have they not been able to direct you to any support?
  • Calpol4life
    Calpol4life Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2019 at 7:43PM
    Options
    has cost me over 100K in court fees by writing an application every week when he doesn't get everything his way
    Trust me 16 court hearings in less than 3 years, I am an expert on this

So you are spending on average £6500 per defence, on average every 2 and a half months....

Couple of comments:

Perhaps let him have his way, without litigation once in a while?

Perhaps also offset just one defence and you are quids in for both groupon and ba

:money:

There is a fair chance there is far more to this story, and it perhaps isn’t as one sided as you make out.
  • a.ferra
    a.ferra Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Umm... no. The judge is legally required to do what's in the best interest of your child. A solicitor should have advised you not to book anything until after the hearing as a judge can say 'yes', or 'no' (clearly). This isn't the judges fault, nor is it the fault of BA.

This was a consumer rights question, I did not ask anyone for family court advice because NO ONE In this country will have a clue as to how horrendous it is until they've been through it.

stop giving advice that wasn't asked for
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has the court refused to let you take your daughter on holiday because you didn't obtain your exes consent before you booked? One presumes, the situation being as you say, this would have been something you knew you'd have to do?
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    This was a consumer rights question, I did not ask anyone for family court advice because NO ONE In this country will have a clue as to how horrendous it is until they've been through it.

I was replying to your comment!! You're incredibly rude and ungrateful, this really isn't how you thank people who have taken the time to try and help you. I'm starting to feel very sorry for your ex and your kid, the problem here is you but you just can't see it.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

It was a consumer rights issue but if you look back, it was you that began giving out details of court proceedings and taking it away from a factual, consumer rights issue.

You've had your answer on the consumer rights issue at hand, so I don't see why you're continuing to pick fights with people.

To get it back on track: you are not entitled to a refund from BA because you chose to book tickets at your own risk. Argue all you like with people, it won't change that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure