British Airways refusing to refund me

Options

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    a.ferra wrote: »
    please keep this comment to yourself, the man that is a narcissist, has made it his mission to destroy our lives, has cost me over 100K in court fees by writing an application every week when he doesn't get everything his way, has destroyed my business and works part time sitting on his fat backside, evades paying any child maintenance has had enough handouts from me.
    Don't take it out on someone making what was, in the absence of knowing the full situation, a reasonable suggestion. I understand that it's a horrible situation to be in but I'm afraid if you snap at people offering advice, they'll just give up.
  • a.ferra
    a.ferra Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    I may be reading too much between the lines here, but I get the feeling that booking the trip may have triggered the family court hearing.

No it didn't, he has so far taken me to court 16 times, he's a controlling abuser that uses the family court as a tool for abuse.

You should read the news, there is a march in central london to stop abusers of the family court doing this later this month.
  • a.ferra
    Options
    I don't think it works like that. I would have thought that the judge will have made the decision based on more important things than a pre-booked holiday.

If, however, you think the judge is legally obliged to fit their order around your holiday, I suggest you speak to your solicitor to put the appropriate wheels in motion to have the order rescinded.

Trust me 16 court hearings in less than 3 years, I am an expert on this, the judge DOES have to take into account any pre-booked holidays
  • a.ferra
    Options
    Don't take it out on someone making what was, in the absence of knowing the full situation, a reasonable suggestion. I understand that it's a horrible situation to be in but I'm afraid if you snap at people offering advice, they'll just give up.

Well your advise wasn't welcome or smart, it is actually offensive to suggest to ANY mother in the UK going through family court proceedings to give the tickets to their abuser.

Have some common sense not to offend in the first place
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    OP, you're coming across as belligerent to people whose advice you've sought. We don't (and shouldn't) know the full story, it's none of our business and is irrelevant to the consumer situation you find yourself in.

I suggest you take a dispassionate view at the advice you've received to this point on the actual matter at hand. If you believe the judge has acted incorrectly, challenge their order. If they have acted correctly, then I'm afraid you're not entitled to a refund from BA because you booked non-refundable tickets at your own risk.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Trust me 16 court hearings in less than 3 years, I am an expert on this, the judge DOES have to take into account any pre-booked holidays
    Well then why are you on here asking for advice about getting a refund from BA?

You are a self-proclaimed expert, so get the order overturned and take the trip to New York.
  • a.ferra
    Options
    OP, you're coming across as belligerent to people whose advice you've sought. We don't (and shouldn't) know the full story, it's none of our business and is irrelevant to the consumer situation you find yourself in.

I suggest you take a dispassionate view at the advice you've received to this point on the actual matter at hand. If you believe the judge has acted incorrectly, challenge their order. If they have acted correctly, then I'm afraid you're not entitled to a refund from BA because you booked non-refundable tickets at your own risk.

Busy body Aylesbury duck, I don't give a ......

Now go and annoy someone else
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Well your advise wasn't welcome or smart, it is actually offensive to suggest to ANY mother in the UK going through family court proceedings to give the tickets to their abuser.

Have some common sense not to offend in the first place
    Give me strength. It wasn't my advice in the first place and as I've already explained, no one knows the full situation (well, that was true when you started the thread....) so you can't blame people for putting forward suggestions.

Did Still Dave know your ex is an abuser? Of course not, otherwise he wouldn't have made the suggestion. Have some common sense to review your thread, the dirty washing you're airing in public, the grief you're giving people for trying to help and get back to the matter in hand which is to get your BA refund or the court order overturned.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Busy body Aylesbury duck, I don't give a ......

Now go and annoy someone else
    Oh dear.

If you're not getting the answers you want, I suggest you go elsewhere to see if they'll tell you what you want to hear.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

If the holiday time with you had been agreed with the father at the time you made the booking and that consent was subsequently withdrawn, and ratified by the court, then why not take him to Small Claims Court for the losses you have incurred by his breach of the original agreement? If the holiday time wasn't agreed with him prior to the booking then you have no redress with him, as you have none with the airline.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure