British Airways refusing to refund me

Options

Comments

• jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I claim BS. As if a man has ever managed to play the family courts to unfair advantage. Twaddle.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    You sound like a nightmare, if you’ve behaved to your ex like you have to those on here trying to help you I’m not surprised you’ve been taken to court.

Perhaps use this as an exercise to reflect upon yourself rather than kicking off at people giving up their free time to help you - the tone you’re showing these people speaks volumes about your morals and mannerisms.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Oh come on people. The OP's question has been answered. No need for the personal abuse. This isn't the House of Commons!

"Be nice to all money savers".
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Oh come on people. The OP's question has been answered. No need for the personal abuse. This isn't the House of Commons!

"Be nice to all money savers".

You do realise that applies to the OP to... the one who started the personal abuse and has done on all their other threads. Take a look at the GiffGaff one if you have time.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Take a look at the GiffGaff one if you have time.

I did :rotfl:

PS - GG do now allow tethering on their Goodybags, as long as there's a limited data plan. (Unlimited = no tethering). :D
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    There are ticket reselling websites for flights. You may be able to recoup some money by selling your tickets on one of these.

There are a few caveats though. It has to be a ticket that allows a name change. It's ok if they charge for this, most do, but as long as it's allowed you can sell it.

The other one is don't expect a massive amount for it. You get a pretty poor return. In saying that something is better than nothing.
  • Back in April we booked our trip to Boston and recently BoPsie had a major operation. As we had booked a package, fortunately not with BA, we were told that there is no refund on her ticket. I could cancel the holiday and lose the money, or just go on my own and have her as a no show. OP can do this.

After her Op, it is now more than likely she will not be a no show on the trip!
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Add in when booking any oversea holiday. You need to book your travel insurance at the same time. Had the OP done this. They may have got their money back.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    There are a few caveats though. It has to be a ticket that allows a name change. It's ok if they charge for this, most do, but as long as it's allowed you can sell it.

BA don't allow name changes
    some taxes back is the best you can expect from a non-refundable ticket
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    born_again wrote: »
    Add in when booking any oversea holiday. You need to book your travel insurance at the same time. Had the OP done this. They may have got their money back.
    Like I said above, I can't see any (ordinary) insurance policy covering the risk of losing a court case about custody.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure