Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Options
    Another update from Botts. I did contact them last week and they said they prefer to batch claims together for a better chance of success, not sure if that all cases or all cases for any set flight.

Again this is their text and I'n not trying to claim it as my work.

Ryanair

Since our last update we have been working beyond traditional office hours to issue court proceedings against the airline on a large scale. We have now invited the airline to enter into discussions regarding the outstanding claims we have against them, and hope to have more news on our progress soon.

• Fishol
    Fishol Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Fishol,
    The only way you will find out what the alleged 'Extraordinary Circumstance' is that 'allegedly' affected your flight is by taking RA to court.
    My post #569 explains how to do this. Do also have a good read of Vaubans guide.
    If there were 22 in your party that booked with one reservation number this will undoubtebly 'burst' the threshold for an ESCP claim.
    You will need to condense the claims into snaller ones up to €2000 for ESCP claims so maybe three or four claimants per claim.
    If you booked using separate reservations - again make sure your claims don't go through the €2000 threshold for the number you are claiming for.
    Be sure to name all the persons you are claiming for in your Form A with one named as lead claimant and everybody to sign this.

Well done for finding the right place to post this- we are all here to help.
    Good luck and keep going.

Ok the booking breaks down into 3 booking refs, 9 on 2 of them and 4 on the last one making a total of 22 on the party. One quick question, on the initial letter to RA do I just send three letters, one per booking ref and name all the passengers and the total compensation we are seeking or do I get each individual traveller to send their own letter quoting the booking ref they travelled under?
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fishol wrote: »
    Ok the booking breaks down into 3 booking refs, 9 on 2 of them and 4 on the last one making a total of 22 on the party. One quick question, on the initial letter to RA do I just send three letters, one per booking ref and name all the passengers and the total compensation we are seeking or do I get each individual traveller to send their own letter quoting the booking ref they travelled under?

Fishol,
    I'd do exactly what you first state, send three letters off, each covering the three reservations made and name the individuals per each reservation.
    In effect the LBA/NBA will probably get no response from RA, you are just following a process and ticking the first box within this:- Did I warn RA I would sue them if they didn't pay my compensation? Yes, box 1 ticked.
    When RA fail to respond in the time you have given them, then this is the time to split up the two parties of nine into say three parties of three for purposes of your Form A. Do remember to name them all on your Form A with one named as lead litigant and all of them to sign the Form A.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Cinderellashoes
    Options
    Hi, hoping this is the correct place to ask this question. Under the EU LAW for which it says we can claim compensation the first points mentions denied boarding....

In 2013 we were denied boarding (along with about 30 other people) due to unclear gate numbers for flights. As a result they closed the gate before we could get onto the flight. We had to pay £110 each for extra flights to Holland and then a coach to Dussledorf. We landed around 9 hours late.

Would this fall under the legislation and be worth pursuing or not? Just thought I'd check for clarity... I assume I would benefit from using a firm such as Bott and Co in this instance? Any help appreciated.
    Arctic Monkeys :j
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 May 2015 at 9:33AM
    Options
    Hi, hoping this is the correct place to ask this question. Under the EU LAW for which it says we can claim compensation the first points mentions denied boarding....

In 2013 we were denied boarding (along with about 30 other people) due to unclear gate numbers for flights. As a result they closed the gate before we could get onto the flight. We had to pay £110 each for extra flights to Holland and then a coach to Dussledorf. We landed around 9 hours late.

Would this fall under the legislation and be worth pursuing or not? Just thought I'd check for clarity... I assume I would benefit from using a firm such as Bott and Co in this instance? Any help appreciated.

This won't be clear cut. In fact, unless there's some detail I have not appreciated, you have no claim under the Regulation.

You were denied boarding presumably because you turned up late at the gate. You will argue (I guess) that this wasn't your fault and that the signs were unclear, or something. The airline would argue that this is irrelevant - in the same way that if you missed boarding because there was heavy traffic outside the airport - as it has nothing to do with them. And anyway that the majority of the passengers were able to get to the gate on time.

If there really was a problem with the gate signing or whatever then this is an issue between you and the airport - not the airline. And you can't sue the airport under Regulation 261/04. So you have no claim under the Regulation, IMHO. Sorry.
  • Cinderellashoes
    Options
    Thank you. I thought I would check just in case. We got to the right gate but when we got there we were told we would not be allowed to board, because it would be too late.

Thanks for the help.
    Arctic Monkeys :j
  • phil24
    phil24 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    i have made a claim against Ryanair using the ESCP issued by the uk courts, i have received a response from a solicitor acting on behalf of Ryanair stating that i cannot bring a claim using the ESCP in the english courts and it should be through the Irish courts as thats the defendants domicile and where the court with jurisdiction is. they also said the using the english courts on the basis that the its the claimants domicile doesn't apply to cases involving transport. do you have a view ????
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    phil24 wrote: »
    i have made a claim against Ryanair using the ESCP issued by the uk courts, i have received a response from a solicitor acting on behalf of Ryanair stating that i cannot bring a claim using the ESCP in the english courts and it should be through the Irish courts as thats the defendants domicile and where the court with jurisdiction is. they also said the using the english courts on the basis that the its the claimants domicile doesn't apply to cases involving transport. do you have a view ????

phil24,
    Do I have a view?
    Yep, that's complete twaddle from Mr Boden and Ince and Co and not the first time I have read/heard it either.
    ESCP is the best and completely legitimate way to bring your claim against RA to the courts.
    I'm presuming that the response you have received forms part of RA's 'answer' to your claim?
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• strad_2
    strad_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    My flight from Malaga to Bournemouth was delayed over six hours.
    Having read about the prolonged process and likely denials of liability, I'm considering using a no win no fee claims service.
    Does anybody have any recommendations to use or avoid please?
    I have seen euclaim and clearlaw online mentioned.
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    strad wrote: »
    My flight from Malaga to Bournemouth was delayed over six hours.
    Having read about the prolonged process and likely denials of liability, I'm considering using a no win no fee claims service.
    Does anybody have any recommendations to use or avoid please?
    I have seen euclaim and clearlaw online mentioned.

Can't say I've used any, but for reasons I've stated many times on here, I'd put my business in the hands of Bott and Co.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback