Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats and by CHAPS, that's another 1p on everyone's tickets.......

:j:T:T:j
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Pmcm_2
    Pmcm_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Excellent news gjchester,

So if you are a litigant in person, and your case is currently stayed in the court system due to the combined Allen/ Barnes cases and you are waiting on the outcome of the previously thought allowed appeal by RA then, your waiting is over. No permission to appeal granted.
    If you haven't already, send your court a letter asking for your stay to be lifted.
    Do also quote that permission to appeal the Jenkinson Judgment has not been granted.
    My post #1201 contains a template letter to do this.
    Ryanair are on the floor, so now go and kick them.

Good luck and keep going..
    Hi,
    My case is stayed awaiting the outcome of the Barnes case. I was about to post my application to have the stay lifted when I saw this post. I rang the court this morning and asked to have the judge look at my case again in light of Ryanair appeal of the Barnes case being rejected. After about 10 minutes on hold the lady came back to me and said the case was still ongoing and if I wished to have the stay lifted on my case, I would need to submit an application. Where do I go next? Do I submit the application anyway or should a letter asking them to look at my case again be enough? Thanks
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pmcm wrote: »
    Hi,
    My case is stayed awaiting the outcome of the Barnes case. I was about to post my application to have the stay lifted when I saw this post. I rang the court this morning and asked to have the judge look at my case again in light of Ryanair appeal of the Barnes case being rejected. After about 10 minutes on hold the lady came back to me and said the case was still ongoing and if I wished to have the stay lifted on my case, I would need to submit an application. Where do I go next? Do I submit the application anyway or should a letter asking them to look at my case again be enough? Thanks

Pmcm,
    Just because of what has gone on before in your claim against RA -send the formal application in.
    But do include another cover letter with this (similar to the one you already sent) highlighting the fact that RA have been denied permission to appeal.
    You will get a return of the fee you have been quoted for this application, and your initial court fee when you win.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • netg
    netg Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys,

A quick update on my case, surprise surprise I have received notification from the court that RA are requesting a Stay, although I have no idea why yet as the court have been very patchy at sending information through!

Anyway, whilst I await their defence, are there any (ahem) valid Stay's left in the system now that the Allen/Barnes Stay's have been thrown out? Or is it more likely RA are just trying it on with Allen/Barnes again?!

Cheers,

Netg
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    netg wrote: »
    Hi guys,

A quick update on my case, surprise surprise I have received notification from the court that RA are requesting a Stay, although I have no idea why yet as the court have been very patchy at sending information through!

Anyway, whilst I await their defence, are there any (ahem) valid Stay's left in the system now that the Allen/Barnes Stay's have been thrown out? Or is it more likely RA are just trying it on with Allen/Barnes again?!

Cheers,

Netg

Netg,
    Any stays that were imposed regarding the Barnes/Allen case are as you rightly say, now not valid and should be lifted.
    It could be that your court and the system as a whole is just a little slow with the whole process and is still progressing the stay based on the outcome of the Allen/Barnes case.
    You need to see the paperwork from your court to determine this. If it is send them a letter asking for the stay to be lifted now that the result of the Barnes/Allen case has been ruled upon and that requests from Ryanair to appeal it have been turned down.

If RA are asking for a stay to be imposed for any other reason, then put the details on here so we can take a look.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • rdone
    rdone Posts: 569 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was delayed on a Ryanair flight from Bristol to Perpingnan in 2009. I know I'm close to running out of time to claim but as it's been so long I have no idea what my booking reference was. Does anyone know if there's a way of finding this?
    We were delayed for around 14 hours so I'm bound to be due something...!
    My debt free diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6348513/large-renovation-tiny-budget-lets-go/p1?new=1

Debt: £14,896.33 @ 21/04/2020.
    Down to: £4,982.12 @ 08/06/2022
    Today: £14,256.23
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You don't say when in 2009,. There is an absolute deadline of 6 months from the date of your flight to commence court proceedings. You don't need a booking reference to commence proceedings but once you get to the Court stage you will have to prove, amongst other things that you were on the flight. "Prove" means satisfying the Judge that you were on the flight on the balance of probabilities.
    If your time is almost up you will have to choose NOW between issuing proceedings and taking your chances or forgetting it.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    You don't say when in 2009,. There is an absolute deadline of 6 months from the date of your flight to commence court proceedings.

Of course you mean 6 years.;)
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Err. Oops.
  • Medis111
    Medis111 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Haven't received the payment from RA yet and they haven't appealed the decision. Will be emailing the sheriff soon. Do I need to contact the court to request the SCP Certificate (Form D)? They've only sent me General form of Judgement. thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback