Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EuClaim believes you have a claim both ways. seeing they have said you are due compensation for the return journey lets deal with the outward flight. What time should you have arrived in HER and what time did you actually arrive bearing in mind it is the time the doors are open not the time you land. Also for the extra 24 hours on the return leg they owe you a duty of care, did they put you up in a hotel at their expense and did they provide vouchers for your meals. Google and download Vaubans guide all explained in there. Put both sets of flight details into bottonline and see what they say. If you need any help just come back.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 June 2018 at 5:10PM
    Options
    In addition to what Justice says.

TCX1178 landed at about 21.04 utc, by the time you had taxied to stand and got the first door open it would probably have been just over 3 hours late. Either way tho, it is very close. That timing is crucial, so if you have any evidence it could be very handy.

It does look like you have a valid claim for both flights.

When a duty of care kicks in the airline should take care of all your basic needs, meals and soft or hot beverages, phone calls, hotel if necessary plus transport to and from. If you need to spend anything on essentials during that delayed period you should be able to claim that back.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Don't forget it is 400euro for each passenger
  • Dogsb0dy
    Dogsb0dy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone help with this please?

We should have departed Manchester 07:00 on 30.5.18. We were sitting on the plane with the cabin crew for over an hour in stifling heat with no air conditioning and irate passengers and fretful toddlers who had to be led to the aircraft doors to cool off once the cabin staff opened them. When the Pilot eventually boarded, long after we and the cabin crew had, his first words were "I don't know what story they've told you this morning but I will tell you the truth; they had no Pilot for this flight and they had to bring me in on my day off." We started down the runway and had taken off at 10:04.

We missed our transfers, there was a delay getting our luggage at Crete and we eventually got to our hotel well after 7 pm. The first day of our holiday ruined. We should have arrived in Crete at 13:10.

How can we find out the actual correct arrival time in Heraklion for this flight please?
  • Justice13075
    edited 23 June 2018 at 4:40PM
    Options
    Did you land more than 3 hours after you should have arrived?
  • numptytimmy
    Options
    Thank you Justice13075 and Tyzap, we have put in a claim for both flights as Bottonline says it is over 3 hours too, and claimed all other expenses.

Will let you know the outcome!
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Keep us updated.
  • Dogsb0dy
    Dogsb0dy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Justice 13075 - we know we were just over 3 hours late departing from Manchester but having difficulty establishing the actual arrival time at Heraklion. I seem to remember it was just before 3 pm our time which would make it 5 pm in Crete. We should have arrived at 13:10. Still investigating to get accurate information but it is not easy. I will post an update on here once I have further information - and many thanks for your reply. Appreciated.
  • PomBear
    PomBear Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Dogsb0dy - what was the flight number?
  • agoodey
    agoodey Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    We were on MT1025 from HER to BHX 8/6/2018 it was delayed by approximately 23 hours and I have just received £900 in TC vouchers for the delay... I used resolver to handle it all for me.
    PPI Successes: Barclaycard £62,982.17, Halifax One Credit Card £4,616.44
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport