PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chrissie83 wrote: »

How do people do viewings with kids about? I really don't know what to do, I want to say no viewers during school hols as it's a nightmare but think that is a silly idea as it's 7 weeks & that takes us to September

I would try to palm them off on a friend/relative for any viewings if poss. If not stick a film on and hope they sit quietly.
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • happytails
    Options
    Well today was our day!! The lady at noon loved it and an hour later offered us our minimum asking price (offers over £107,000) So we are thrilled! Offered on the one we want and it got accepted. The vendors are now looking for rented accommodation so a really small chain.

Our buyer wants to be in by end of August!! I said we would do our best to get everything done ASAP. All partied have instructed solicitors and I am awaiting paperwork. Couldnt get hold of my mortgage advisor today which was annoying, hopefully i can arrange an appointment tomorrow.

Ill keep popping by here though as this thread has been my home since February!
  • Frodobaggins
    Frodobaggins Posts: 969 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all your helpful comments and ideas. I tried to speak to financial advisor today but couldn't get hold of him so will try tomorrow.

Got a message this afternoon saying we have a booking tomorrow at 2! Wasn't expecting that so hopefully we can all run around cleaning now for the next 2 hours! We have no small children but 2 very big smelly and quite naughty dogs, the naughtiest of which is being shipped out later overnight to my daughters!

Happytails congratulations on your good news. Heres to a straight forward move.
    DFW Nerd 1394.
    Total Debt Paid £38109.29/ £40259.24.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,728 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    congratulations happytails, so pleased for you! :j :j really hope you can get things moving by the end of august :j

We don't have children (or dogs) but have viewed a few houses where there were kids,mostly hanging around in one room with the tv or electronic device. i think in one place the owner stayed with the children and let us wander round on our own. They were all very well behaved!
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    Well today was our day!! The lady at noon loved it and an hour later offered us our minimum asking price (offers over £107,000) So we are thrilled! Offered on the one we want and it got accepted. The vendors are now looking for rented accommodation so a really small chain.

Our buyer wants to be in by end of August!! I said we would do our best to get everything done ASAP. All partied have instructed solicitors and I am awaiting paperwork. Couldnt get hold of my mortgage advisor today which was annoying, hopefully i can arrange an appointment tomorrow.

Ill keep popping by here though as this thread has been my home since February!

Yay :j:j:T:T
    So pleased for you :D

We put an offer in today too, just waiting on the answer, we can afford (and would be happy to pay) the asking price, so feeling positive that this will be it :j
  • happytails
    Options
    Pumpkim wrote: »
    Yay :j:j:T:T
    So pleased for you :D

We put an offer in today too, just waiting on the answer, we can afford (and would be happy to pay) the asking price, so feeling positive that this will be it :j

I've got my fingers crossed for you Pumpkim, hope you find out tomorrow!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done Happytails and good luck Pumpkim
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• KenKen
    KenKen Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    My humble advice as a FTB: If you want to be able to finish your sell, just stay away from purple bricks (PB) and their online solicitors ! They are telling you the price you want to hear just to get your business!

We agreed on 205,000 because of PB pushing the price, then the expert valuation came as 190,000. We had very stressful 1 month to agree on 195,000 again. Then it revealed that there are 3 mine shafts within 20m of the house. Even 1 mine shaft is enough to put buyers away or ask for 10% reduction on the valuation price, my delusional vendors refuse to even come down to the valuation price because their mind stuck in the PB price. Looks like they just need have 2-3 sales fall over to come to their sense.

I know that I am sounding like a estate agent but I am not, I am FTB. If they would use proper estate agent, we would not have the valuation problem and aware of the mining issue in advance. Anyway, I have had one of the most stressful 3 months of my life and pay 1,000 fees to have that. I am not even bothering to look PB ads anymore.

Getting offers or agreeing on the price is just a beginning. The question is will you complete without having this mess!
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    KenKen wrote: »
    My humble advice as a FTB: If you want to be able to finish your sell, just stay away from purple bricks (PB) and their online solicitors ! They are telling you the price you want to hear just to get your business!

We agreed on 205,000 because of PB pushing the price, then the expert valuation came as 190,000. We had very stressful 1 month to agree on 195,000 again. Then it revealed that there are 3 mine shafts within 20m of the house. Even 1 mine shaft is enough to put buyers away or ask for 10% reduction on the valuation price, my delusional vendors refuse to even come down to the valuation price because their mind stuck in the PB price. Looks like they just need have 2-3 sales fall over to come to their sense.

I know that I am sounding like a estate agent but I am not, I am FTB. If they would use proper estate agent, we would not have the valuation problem and aware of the mining issue in advance. Anyway, I have had one of the most stressful 3 months of my life and pay 1,000 fees to have that. I am not even bothering to look PB ads anymore.

Getting offers or agreeing on the price is just a beginning. The question is will you complete without having this mess!

That is the key though, it is sellers that need to wake up, an online (or any EA) just plays to the gallery or they don`t get trade?
  • Bee_Rummie
    Options
    Wow great thread. We've been on the market for 8 weeks now. Selling a 4 bed detached in Northants to downsize to a 3 bed in Bristol. PP was initially £340K just reduced to £333K to move things along. 14 viewings in 8 weeks but no offers. Close call last Saturday - viewer looked at 6 houses and said our house was in top 2....but went with another house. They have 3 children and said our 4th bedroom as too small.

I thought we'd sell quickly but looks like I mistimed the market. Now pushing for an Open Day a week on Saturday. Anyone had experiences of these?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback