PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    Reject it.

As far as I'm concerned a non-proceedable offer is the equivalent of me walking into a Ferrari dealership and trying to reserve one. You shouldn't even be viewing houses until you have an offer and you're a couple of weeks into the process in my book.
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cheery daft I would too reject it. What if it takes them months to find their property?
    I only ever accept offers from proceedable people and will never change that stance.
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    I would reject it too Cheery. You can't proceed on your dream home until they find a buyer, you could end up losing it. Sounds like with all the interest you'll have a buyer good to go within the week. There doesn't seem to be any reason to wait for them, you're not actually getting 8.5% above if they can't buy it.
    This is from someone in your position, who did wait and lost their dream home, only difference being we didn't have nearly as much interest as you!
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and just to add, the original buyer still haven't sold their home 2 months later despite them "living in a very desirable area that will sell in no time". Lesson Learned the hard way!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks all. Got a bit giddy yesterday with all the excitement and they were very nice :o

But I think you're right. Our vendors wouldnt wait for us to sell and we just pulled our fingers out and got on with it so hopefully they'll do the same.

Spoke to vendors agents today - they've had a THIRD viewing from a cash buyer today :eek: but vendors are going on holiday tomorrow for a week so hopefully thatll give other people a chance to view/offer on ours...
  • dancing_star
    dancing_star Posts: 314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you Daff!

Well, I have sale agreed for what I paid for my flat. I'd have liked a bit more, but I'm relieved. Was getting stressed waiting, and at least this way it's off my mind.

Cheers!!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Excellent news dancing star, well done you! :j :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Well we've rejected the ludicrous offer, and now have an offer from a first time buyer who's met us half way between his original offer and the ludicrous one :j

Tempting to snatch his hand off right now, but weve decided to leave it on the market for a full week, and let the four viewers booked in for tomorrow have a chance to view.

Estate agent is going to ring them all, tell them.about existing offer, and check their status - if they're not immediately procedable or able to offer more than existing offer, then he'll cancel the viewing. Couple of other viewing requests came in last night so he'll say the same to them.

We've committed to making a final decision on Thursday afternoon, when we'll have been on for a full week.

Absolutely NO intention of entertaining a higher offer once we've accepted this one, so we just want to make sure we give it enough of a chance so we're not kicking ourselves for waiting.

No other offers on the house we want to buy (and vendors are now on holiday) so fingers crossed...
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thats great cheerydaff! Sadly we dont have the same amount of viewers here - where are you based?
    We are North West England, we've had 7 viewings in 5 months :(

Its been a week since new estate agents and new pics. We had 1 viewer today, 2 blokes, they came in, spent 2 mins looking around, went outside, I heard one of them mutter it was too small and then they said thanks and left. We have a family of 5 and a large dog in this house (3 bed semi) so not sure what was small particularly. More peeved i spent a really sunny afternoon cleaning.

Considering reducing house again, Im now at the point where i just need to sell. Its on for £114.950 and thinking of taking it down to £108,000 (we can afford to sell it at £105k or more) hoping it will produce a buyer as i'm seriously fed up.

Sarah
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    Thats great cheerydaff! Sadly we dont have the same amount of viewers here - where are you based?
    We are North West England, we've had 7 viewings in 5 months :(

Its been a week since new estate agents and new pics. We had 1 viewer today, 2 blokes, they came in, spent 2 mins looking around, went outside, I heard one of them mutter it was too small and then they said thanks and left. We have a family of 5 and a large dog in this house (3 bed semi) so not sure what was small particularly. More peeved i spent a really sunny afternoon cleaning.

Considering reducing house again, Im now at the point where i just need to sell. Its on for £114.950 and thinking of taking it down to £108,000 (we can afford to sell it at £105k or more) hoping it will produce a buyer as i'm seriously fed up.

Sarah

After much discussion we decided to go with offers over £107,000 this morning. (Reduced from starting price of £125,000 which was too high to start with IMO)
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport