PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    We are FY Its slow up here in the north!

Im slinking back in here im afraid :(

Our buyers pulled out so we are pretty much back to square one except we have our mortgage in place for the place we want.

We had a viewer today, he seemed to like it, said he had more houses to view on Friday. Fingers crossed.

Aww that sucks - fingers crossed you get another offer soon! Is your vendor hanging on for you or remarketing?!
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • Akahotpot
    Akahotpot Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Nightmare Happytails

I did a silly thing and made an offer before putting mine up as I had the mortgage AIP and could find the 10% deposit without selling mine but I was being naive as I thought (and was told) mine would easily sell at the price I was listing at

Wish I had use this bit of forum earlier really ,oh well things are going to be a bit delayed as the house I have offered on has modern freehold and I have asked for more info on it before going further and they are in a chain

Fingers crossed
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Aww that sucks - fingers crossed you get another offer soon! Is your vendor hanging on for you or remarketing?!

Neither of our houses had been on RIghtmove as Sold or Under offer so im guessing it will just continue to be marketed. They've had no viewers since us in May though. We are priced really well, the nicest 3 bed house in a 1/2 mile radius in that price bracket by far as we listed it very realistically. The previous buyers surveyor valued it at £107k and thats what its up for so we are bang on.

Just frustrated I have to faff about keeping the house clean and tidy with 3 kids home all day over summer :( It was hard enough when they were at school in the day.

Sarah
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • happytails
    Options
    Now I've found out we have lost thehouse we want. Our chain fell apart yesterday and they accepted another offer by the evening 😰

Fed up now with the whole thing.

Got another viewer on Monday
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    Now I've found out we have lost the house we want. Our chain fell apart yesterday and they accepted another offer by the evening 😰

Fed up now with the whole thing.

Got another viewer on Monday

So sorry to hear that Happytails, this whole process sucks doesn't it?
    Fingers crossed that you get an offer soon, and the perfect house comes to the market x
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh that's bad luck Happytails. Hopefully something better will come along for you, or the other chain could go wrong and it comes back to you.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• happytails
    Options
    Thanks guys. I had a big cry yesterday and a fat chinese takeaway with my mum and after a good B*i*tch and moan I am in a better place this morning.

Looked on rightmove but not seeing anything else in my area within my price bracket that looks perfect. A couple of maybes to consider if we cant get the one back we wanted. We will see x
  • PThome
    PThome Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, can I join? Just signed the paperwork to put house flat in the market today. EA will came Tuesday to take pictures and put it live :D Not sure if I should be happy or stressed... The EA suggested to put it to sell at a higher price that I was thinking. Of course I am very happy if I get that price, but scared that is overpriced and so it will take a long time to find a buyer :(
    I've just seen an house that we loved yesterday and I offered the full asking price and asked if they could wait a couple of weeks to see if our house sells, but not get a reply yet... Although I know this is very unlikely to be accepted :(

So, here I am joining this group :) waiting for a buyer :D
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    PThome wrote: »
    Hi, can I join? Just signed the paperwork to put house flat in the market today. EA will came Tuesday to take pictures and put it live :D Not sure if I should be happy or stressed... The EA suggested to put it to sell at a higher price that I was thinking. Of course I am very happy if I get that price, but scared that is overpriced and so it will take a long time to find a buyer :(
    I've just seen an house that we loved yesterday and I offered the full asking price and asked if they could wait a couple of weeks to see if our house sells, but not get a reply yet... Although I know this is very unlikely to be accepted :(

So, here I am joining this group :) waiting for a buyer :D

Good luck!

Just wanted to mention (although a bit late now) that it's not a good idea to offer until you have a buyer. For others' reference who might find this thread:

1. It makes it seem more in demand to others who might offer more quickly/higher on it than if no interest (human nature to want what others want).

2. I once had a lowish offer and managed to get money off the house I was buying. The loss can be passed up the chain if they're keen or in a rush. If you offer X amount, you'll have to get a certain amount of money for yours.

3. If the one you want doesn't sell, they'll prob drop the price, or take your lower offer when you have got a buyer. They won't do that with an offer on it.

Don't view houses if you're going to get emotionally attached.

4. Another point, if you get a buyer, you don't know if they'll have a complete chain below them. You don't want to have to limit yourselves to cash buyers or FTBs.

=====================

Re the price, most people go in slightly higher in order to accept an offer. It's rare for someone to offer the asking price unless it's new to the market and/or if there's lots of initial interest. Obviously some are offers over - even then, after a while, people will offer under.

Also, another point, if you offer the asking price for something, people may think they've put it on for too low a price. I nearly always go in under, even if I was to ever go up to the asking price (which I doubt I would).

Hope it works out!

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • PThome
    PThome Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you very much for your tips hazyjo!
    Apparently I did all the "NOT DOs" :D You points make all sense. I just offered the full asking price because I really loved it and here where I live the houses usually sell well above the asking price :( So, even I offered the full asking price, I'm pretty sure that house will sell above it.
    But yes, you are right! I need to stop looking at houses until mine sells, as I haveno idea if is going to sell fast or not (it is a 2-bedroom flat, so usually will probably be to FTB or investor).

This weekend was non stop trying to improve the decoration on the flat, lets see how it goes :)

I'll keep updating here :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure