PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    I've got my fingers crossed for you Pumpkim, hope you find out tomorrow!
    Slinky wrote: »
    Well done Happytails and good luck Pumpkim

Offer accepted today, lets get this show on the road :rotfl::j
    Hoping to be a regular on the "Waiting to exchange" thread soon :D
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pumpkim wrote: »
    Offer accepted today, lets get this show on the road :rotfl::j
    Hoping to be a regular on the "Waiting to exchange" thread soon :D

Yay congratulations!! Im over on that thread just about & im on the awaiting a mortgage decision on the mortgage board too - it gets submitted tomorrow!

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • This_calls_for_cake
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you don't mind a newbie jumping on board! I have used the forum before but can't remember my old sign in details 🙈. We put our house on the market back in march at £115,000, we had a lot of initial interest with four viewings within the first week, one of which resulted in a booking for a second viewing which was sadly subsequently cancelled. We had another three viewings over the next 3 weeks then nothing for a while. About 3 months after we went on we dropped the price to £110,000, I think we miss timed the drop badly, it happened the week of the election, we only got one viewing after the reduction. We just had another viewing booked last week that was cancelled less than 24 hrs after they booked it 😡.
    I really struggle to keep the house looking good, I'm not a naturally tidy person anyway, but we are moving as we have outgrown this house, I have de cluttered as much as poss but in addition to the two adults and two kids we also have three cats and a springer spaniel!
    We have temporarily took the house off the market, the kids broke the kitchen window so we are getting that fixed then making the advert live again, we are also tarting up the garden with some bedding plants and painting the fences. We have moved the furniture round in the smallest bedroom to try and make it look bigger and we have taken a couch out if the living room, put a fireplace in and moved the table so the French doors are easily accessible, we will get new pics done of the changes before the ad goes live again.
    This is the link to our current ad, would welcome feedback if anyone has anything to offer, it has been sadly lacking from our viewers... rightmove. Co. uk /s6p/ 65218028
  • Bee_Rummie
    Options
    16 viewings in and finally had an offer - a cheeky £305K. The potential buyers have cited a few things they feel need doing but I estimate these would cost c.£5K only and I have recently reduced PP by £7K anyway.

I have rejected offer and not made a counter offer as we are £28K - £35K apart so awaiting a new bid as they are seeing EA to organise financing.

Quiet thread - hope everyone's moving forward with their sale!
  • happytails
    Options
    Just coming on to see how everyone is doing. The waiting to exchange thread has gone awol - I was only reading it this morning and now its nowhere to be found!

We are 10 days into the sale/purchase after offers were accepted and just had our formal mortgage offer - Over the moon! 11 days ago i was sure we would be for sale til next year!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,793 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you don't mind a newbie jumping on board! I have used the forum before but can't remember my old sign in details 🙈. We put our house on the market back in march at £115,000, we had a lot of initial interest with four viewings within the first week, one of which resulted in a booking for a second viewing which was sadly subsequently cancelled. We had another three viewings over the next 3 weeks then nothing for a while. About 3 months after we went on we dropped the price to £110,000, I think we miss timed the drop badly, it happened the week of the election, we only got one viewing after the reduction. We just had another viewing booked last week that was cancelled less than 24 hrs after they booked it 😡.
    I really struggle to keep the house looking good, I'm not a naturally tidy person anyway, but we are moving as we have outgrown this house, I have de cluttered as much as poss but in addition to the two adults and two kids we also have three cats and a springer spaniel!
    We have temporarily took the house off the market, the kids broke the kitchen window so we are getting that fixed then making the advert live again, we are also tarting up the garden with some bedding plants and painting the fences. We have moved the furniture round in the smallest bedroom to try and make it look bigger and we have taken a couch out if the living room, put a fireplace in and moved the table so the French doors are easily accessible, we will get new pics done of the changes before the ad goes live again.
    This is the link to our current ad, would welcome feedback if anyone has anything to offer, it has been sadly lacking from our viewers... rightmove. Co. uk /s6p/ 65218028

Good luck ThisCallsForCake! The things you've said you'd do are the things I would have suggested anyway - definitely a few flowers in the garden and access out of the patio doors. I do sympathise with keeping things tidy - we struggled and ours was on the market for only a week :rotfl:

Fingers crossed they come back to you with a higher offer Bee Rummie..

Ha HappyTails - things do move quickly sometimes! :j

We are finally procedable :j Our house went on market on 8th July, on 17th we accepted an offer from someone who needed to sell theirs first :eek: and took ours off to wait for her - I know, I know, but it paid off and today she has officially sold :j

Not bad selling two houses in less than three weeks :rotfl: :rotfl: I hasten to add this is almost completely due to the popularity of the area we live in rather than us! :o

Just need to find somewhere to move to now :o :eek:
  • Akahotpot
    Akahotpot Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello
    Long time listener first time caller

Mine has been on sale for 10 days had a view after 2 days and nothing since
    I thought I had priced keen 77500 for a garden fronted 2 bed mid terrace in PR6
    Planted some bedding plants this weekend and my daughter put the link on local FB posts
    House selling is a nightmare when your the worlds most impatient man :-)
  • gazfocus
    gazfocus Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Akahotpot wrote: »
    Hello
    Long time listener first time caller

Mine has been on sale for 10 days had a view after 2 days and nothing since
    I thought I had priced keen 77500 for a garden fronted 2 bed mid terrace in PR6
    Planted some bedding plants this weekend and my daughter put the link on local FB posts
    House selling is a nightmare when your the worlds most impatient man :-)
    We're also trying to sell in PR6..I think it's just really slow at the moment round here :(
  • This_calls_for_cake
    Options
    Well the agent came round today and took a couple of pic of the living room and back garden, he reckoned we should not drop the price just yet and recommended making the right move listing live again on Friday as apparently that's the busiest day for property searches, so fingers crossed we get some enquiries early next week. Really dont want to still be here at christmas
  • happytails
    Options
    We are FY Its slow up here in the north!

Im slinking back in here im afraid :(

Our buyers pulled out so we are pretty much back to square one except we have our mortgage in place for the place we want.

We had a viewer today, he seemed to like it, said he had more houses to view on Friday. Fingers crossed.

My timeline -
    Offer received and accepted on our house 17/07
    Offer made and accepted on the house we want 17/07
    Solicitors Instructed 17/07
    Meeting with mortgage advisor, all docs given 18/07
    Mortgage application submitted to Nationwide 19/07
    Documents picked up and filled in from Solicitor 19/07
    Documents and ID returned to Solicitor 20/07
    Valuation booked 20/07
    Solicitor composes draft contract & starts local searches 25/07
    Valuation carried out 26/07
    Solicitor gave us our fixtures and fittings form for purchase and requested marriage certificate 26/07
    My buyers valuation carried out 27/07
    Mortgage offer given 27/07
    Buyer wants to pull out 28/08
    Buyer starts to renegotiate price 29/09
    We meet in the middle at the amount the buyer would proceed with 01/08
    Buyer officially pulls out 02/08

Very very frustrating. We have 6 months til our mortgage offer expires. I really hope it wont take that long.

Sarah
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family