Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We can check with your flight details if you don't have them we would need dates
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They would say that, wouldn't they?

And you can try putting details in to Botts or EUC;aim online checker. They give an indication of a potentially valid claim.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The CAA should force all airlines to quote the door open time, not the misleading landing time, which imo is dishonest as it is irrelevant to the arrival time required by the regulations.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In your dreams......

As an aside, why are some regulatory bodies so abysmal at enforcing established law?
    CAA,
    FCA etc etc
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • touch*my*food*feel*myfork
    Options
    denisecam wrote: »
    Wondering can anyone help. I submitted claim with TUI on 03.07.19. Other family members I travelled with have received their compensation 2 weeks ago. I have rang few times to get update on my own claim but told different information each time I ring for example first time I rang was told I would be receiving my payment within a week. Other occasions when I have rang been told its still being investigated and then its with the Compliance Team. Wondering if there is anything I can do at this stage to move the matter or is it just a matter of patiently waiting?

Hi
    I am waiting on a claim too - could you let me know the telephone number you used
    Thanks
  • Rickb110
    Rickb110 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    We can check with your flight details if you don't have them we would need dates

11-July-2019- Manchester to Boa Vista

TOM366
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EU Claims suggests you are entitled to 600 Euros each, so certainly worth filling in the form on the TUI website
  • Rickb110
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    They would say that, wouldn't they?

And you can try putting details in to Botts or EUC;aim online checker. They give an indication of a potentially valid claim.

Just tried popping it into the EUC checker it said 300 euros
  • Rickb110
    Options
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    EU Claims suggests you are entitled to 600 Euros each, so certainly worth filling in the form on the TUI website

I already filled in the form on TUI website and they rejected it claiming delay was only 2 hours 57 mins
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 August 2019 at 4:20PM
    Options
    Rickb110 wrote: »
    11-July-2019- Manchester to Boa Vista

TOM366

Hi Rick,

It appears that you left MAN about 50mins late and then made an unscheduled landing at FUE. After an hour on the ground there, presumably to take on more fuel, you departed for BVC.

Unfortunately there is no radar FR24 coverage in the region of BVC so I could not be accurate about a landing time.

As the distance from MAN to BVC is over 3500km you would need to be over 4hr late to receive compensation at the full rate of €600.

However, as you appear to have arrived between 3 and 4 hours late you would be entitled to 50% of the full rate, so €300 each appears to be correct.

Also check Botts flight delay calculator for confirmation, then let us know.

Good luck
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback