edited 1 July 2014 at 3:03PM in Flight Delay Compensation
9.4K replies 1.5M views

Replies

• malc_bmalc_b Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Flew from Bristol to kefalonia on 20 June. Plane broke on on the runway as we were about to takeoff so had to return to the gate and deplane. 7hr delay before we took off again while they repaired the plane but made up about 15min.

Soon as I got home I emailed TUI customer service and got an auto-reply (2 July). No answer to that but when I read the auto reply it said for delays use this form (TIP 1 read the auto reply from customer services). Filled in that on 19 July. No answer to that and no acknowledgement! Chase this up and I'm told that TUI no longer auto reply claims form so I have no proof I have submitted a claim form. And person on the phone cannot confirm they have the claim form. Hence I intend to fill in the claim form again and this time screenshot it all (TIP 2 screen shot the claim form process and the final on-screen acknowledgement so you have proof). This seems like just delaying tactics to me. And I was told over the phone that claims are handled in order and I will get a reply within 56 days.
  • TyzapTyzap Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    malc_b wrote: »
    Hi,

Flew from Bristol to kefalonia on 20 June. Plane broke on on the runway as we were about to takeoff so had to return to the gate and deplane. 7hr delay before we took off again while they repaired the plane but made up about 15min.

Soon as I got home I emailed TUI customer service and got an auto-reply (2 July). No answer to that but when I read the auto reply it said for delays use this form (TIP 1 read the auto reply from customer services). Filled in that on 19 July. No answer to that and no acknowledgement! Chase this up and I'm told that TUI no longer auto reply claims form so I have no proof I have submitted a claim form. And person on the phone cannot confirm they have the claim form. Hence I intend to fill in the claim form again and this time screenshot it all (TIP 2 screen shot the claim form process and the final on-screen acknowledgement so you have proof). This seems like just delaying tactics to me. And I was told over the phone that claims are handled in order and I will get a reply within 56 days.

Hi Malc,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately a typical story here on the flight delay forum. Sometimes it's gobsmacking how far they are prepared to go in an effort to put you off claiming. Something which you have a legal right to!

Until the directors of these companies can be held personally responsible for obstructing the legal process, I cannot see things changing.

Determination and persistence are the order of the day.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely somebody is responsible for keeping the airlines in order?

Oh yes the CAA....

Normal lack of regualtion continues.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • We've just returned from Kos, Last week on the outward bound journey we were delayed for over 40 Hours. TUI have said we'll be getting 400 Euro's each within 28 days for the flight delay. However how do I get compensation for the 2 days All Inclusive we missed because of the flight (Its was booked as a package with TUI), the stress of the 2 days in the airport (our daughter has autism and finds going through security etc really difficult and we had to do this 3 times) and also the out of pocket expenses that we incurred due to being in the airport for that long (we did eventually get some vouchers to spend but this happened around 26 hours after we were due to fly).
  • Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    14.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johncon21 wrote: »
    However how do I get compensation for the 2 days All Inclusive we missed because of the flight (Its was booked as a package with TUI)
    Speak to TUI, there are some rights as a package holiday, if not travel insurance

the stress of the 2 days in the airport (our daughter has autism and finds going through security etc really difficult and we had to do this 3 times)
    unlikely to be a financial payment over and above the €400

and also the out of pocket expenses that we incurred due to being in the airport for that long (we did eventually get some vouchers to spend but this happened around 26 hours after we were due to fly).
    out of pocket expenses for food and non-alcoholic drinks should be reimbursed when you submit copied of the receipts as part of EU261 Duty of care
  • legal_magpielegal_magpie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    JPears wrote: »
    Surely somebody is responsible for keeping the airlines in order?

Oh yes the CAA....

(Falls off chair laughing|)
  • mishypinkmishypink Forumite
    8 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Tyzap wrote: »
    There is no need to initiate legal proceedings in a case such as this. If you want to keep your stress levels in check go back a step and ask the airline for a deadlock or final position letter so that you can refer your case to CEDR for an independent adjudication.

Tyre problems are a straightforward technical problem for the airline and there is legal president to fall back on.

CEDR know this and will sort it out in your favour.

If for some strange unknown reason CEDR find against you, the legal route is then available.

Good luck.

Hi - I have now referred to CEDR who have responded with "The airline has filed a defence in relation to this matter. The customer is now invited to provide comments regarding the defence. Please note that no new evidence will be accepted at this stage. "

Not really sure how I respond to this. Is this basically saying TUI have said no and CEDR want my side of the story?
  • TyzapTyzap Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    mishypink wrote: »
    Hi - I have now referred to CEDR who have responded with "The airline has filed a defence in relation to this matter. The customer is now invited to provide comments regarding the defence. Please note that no new evidence will be accepted at this stage. "

Not really sure how I respond to this. Is this basically saying TUI have said no and CEDR want my side of the story?

Hi,
    Please post or PM me their defence details and I’ll give it some thought.
    Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • edited 29 July 2019 at 12:46PM
    mishypinkmishypink Forumite
    8 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 July 2019 at 12:46PM
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi,
    Please post or PM me their defence details and I’ll give it some thought.
    Good luck.

Thank you so much, can you send your email address and i will email it over, I have tried to send a PM but it doesnt seem to be sending.
  • TyzapTyzap Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    mishypink wrote: »
    Thank you so much, can you send your email address and i will email it over, I have tried to send a PM but it doesnt seem to be sending.

Hi MP,

Received two PM,s so working okay.

Can you copy a paste into a PM, you may have to split it into two different ones tho.

My email address contains my personal details so cannot do on this forum.

Having a busy day so will get back to you ASAP.

Good luck.