Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

edited 1 July 2014 at 3:03PM in Flight Delay Compensation
9.4K replies 1.5M views

Replies

• JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has TUi exceeded any time limits for submissions set by the court?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • edited 7 November 2019 at 10:31AM
    TimotheaTimothea Forumite
    177 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 November 2019 at 10:31AM
    No. The only thing I have seen is the Acknowledgement of Service from TUI's lawyers (in mid-October) and the Court (a week later).
  • nc563nc563 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi all,

We went on holiday back in August and was delayed 9.5 hours on the outbound flight. We’ve tried to claim for this, however have been told it was ‘Extraordinary Circumstances’ as “Air Traffic Control suspends or restricts operations out of the airport of departure or into the airport of arrival.”

They go on to say that our “flight was delayed due to the aircraft operating your flight being delayed in Palma earlier in the day as a result of the runway being temporarily closed. The schedule of your flight was further affected by the night time curfew in place in Zakynthos. Your flight operated at the earliest opportunity.“

We got shipped of to a hotel near Luton where we were provided with an evening meal, however this meant we missed out on our Airport Lounge access and Fast Track security upon return to the airport later on the evening which we paid close to £60 for.
    TUI are now referring us to CEDR, however I’m unsure as to whether or not it’ll be worth the cost.

Any advice?
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say.
  • I have submitted claims on behalf of my parents in law for 2 flights through Resolver. One Tui responded to pretty much straight away saying the flight was 15 minutes short of 3 hours and therefore they are not due compensation. The second claim which was for a 5 hour delay has not been responded to after 8 weeks. I keep trying to call but the customer service number for flight delays does not pick up and they are not responding to Resolver messages. Any advice?!
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have submitted claims on behalf of my parents in law for 2 flights through Resolver. One Tui responded to pretty much straight away saying the flight was 15 minutes short of 3 hours and therefore they are not due compensation. The second claim which was for a 5 hour delay has not been responded to after 8 weeks. I keep trying to call but the customer service number for flight delays does not pick up and they are not responding to Resolver messages. Any advice?!

Don't just accept their word put the details of the flight they say was 15 mins short of 3 hours, into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say.
  • After months and months, Tui have agreed to compensate me. They said they would do this within 28 days but it hasn’t arrived and it’s beeb over that. Also they are denying my husband was on the claim when he was and are saying I need to submit a separate claim. Any advice?
  • legal_magpielegal_magpie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid that if you let them mess you about, that's just what they'll do as they don't have enough staff to deal with claims properly.
    I would send a letter or email giving them 14 days to pay up or you'll sue them.if they ignore it, sue them
  • BobbymaxBobbymax Forumite
    36 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts
    I've just submitted a claim through TUI website for a 22 hour 31 minute delay from Barbados at the weekend (actually a cancellation until next day).
    Confirmation of details on TUI headed notepaper so can't see how they can refuse the claim even though they are advising people they should claim through their travel insurance (naughty!).
    However, they provided no drink or food for six hours before we were eventually sent to hotels for the night and all airport food outlets were closed so vouchers would have been pointless - it was too late to get anything at the hotels.
    Breakfast was provided for us at 8.00am the following day but nothing else until 6.30pm on the plane.  Almost everyone had to buy their own lunch (ours cost $36) and I believe TUI may not be complying with EU regulations by refusing to compensate passengers for this. Am I right?