Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Mwood1
    Mwood1 Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    E30M3 wrote: »
    have you visited /mydeal ?

Where can I find mydeal?
  • E30M3
    E30M3 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Mwood1 wrote: »
    Where can I find mydeal?
    sorry, it wouldn't let me post links previously due to my post count, but I can now!
    https://www.sky.com/mydeal

obviously you have to be logged in first...
  • davidmckay
    Options
    go to /mydeal and see what you get.
    I managed £15 Ent, box sets £1, HD £1, Cinema & Sports £21, second Q box £10, total of £48 PCM. no fee!
    sorry, it wouldn't let me post links previously due to my post count, but I can now!
    www.sky.com/mydeal

obviously you have to be logged in first...

I think you should be clearer when you keep sending people to teh /mydeal website. Despite appearances, this doesn't allow you to sign up for anything. You only got your deal because you used this as evidence to push teh advisor to find a better deal for you. That's fine, but please make this clear straight away in your post rather than subsequently.
  • E30M3
    First Anniversary
    Options
    davidmckay wrote: »
    I think you should be clearer when you keep sending people to teh /mydeal website. Despite appearances, this doesn't allow you to sign up for anything. You only got your deal because you used this as evidence to push teh advisor to find a better deal for you. That's fine, but please make this clear straight away in your post rather than subsequently.
    So what does the button do ?
  • smallblueplanet
    smallblueplanet Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 16 January 2019 at 4:43PM
    Options
    davidmckay wrote: »

The offers are there for me when I login to /mydeal. But I am in the process of cancelling. Edit: have just recalculated the deal and it's better than I have atm but not as good as the one previously just ended (60% off).
  • E30M3
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The offers are there for me when I login to /mydeal. But I am in the process of cancelling. Edit: have just recalculated the deal and it's better than I have atm but not as good as the one previously just ended (60% off).
    out of interest what is it offering you?

My suspicion is that is only worthy once the cancellation has been accepted.
    1234 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    /mydeal is showing a completely different offer to that available via my SkyHD box.
  • smallblueplanet
    smallblueplanet Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    edited 16 January 2019 at 8:52PM
    Options
    out of interest what is it offering you?

My suspicion is that is only worthy once the cancellation has been accepted.

Entertainment = £15 (12 months contract)
    Box sets = £1
    HD = £1
    Kids = £1
    Cinema = £9
    Sports = £17
    Or Cinema & Sports = £21

No Sky Q as we're Sky+HD
  • Doh
    Doh Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    Entertainment = £15 (12 months contract)
    Box sets = £1
    HD = £1
    Kids = £1
    Cinema = £9
    Sports = £17
    Or Cinema & Sports = £21

No Sky Q as we're Sky+HD

interesting, thats the same as i get and i do have Sky Q - (also in the cancellation period)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Doh wrote: »
    interesting, thats the same as i get and i do have Sky Q - (also in the cancellation period)

The only difference between HD+ and Q in terms of monthly price is that they'll try and push the £12 a month "Q Experience" on you which is really optional (although they don't like to advertise the fact).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback