FAQs to Flight Delay Compensation queries - please read before posting

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    stevemej wrote: »
    Hi All, I used to frequent this forum many moons ago and this is the first time back in ages.

My brother-in-law has asked me to check to see if his flight was delayed ENOUGH to get compensation but I now find that flightstats are charging for historical data (used to be free for subscribed members). Could somebody please check the delay on a flight for me . It is flight TOM2468 from arecife to manchester on 20th october 2016 scheduled to fly at 11.05.

I've done quite a bit of googling but cannot find historical data.

thanks in advance.

You can check on the NWNF checkers
    e.g. on EUClaim the flight details show as Manchester to Lanzarote and says "Your flight had an arrival delay of less than three hours. To be entitled to compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 your arrival delay must be three hours or more."
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stevemej wrote: »
    Hi All, I used to frequent this forum many moons ago and this is the first time back in ages.

My brother-in-law has asked me to check to see if his flight was delayed ENOUGH to get compensation but I now find that flightstats are charging for historical data (used to be free for subscribed members). Could somebody please check the delay on a flight for me . It is flight TOM2468 from arecife to manchester on 20th october 2016 scheduled to fly at 11.05.

I've done quite a bit of googling but cannot find historical data.

thanks in advance.

A good source of info for MAN flights can be found here...

http://www.tasmanchester.co.uk/man-logs.html
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Simplesimon
    Options
    I just do not believe what EasyJet have "officially" told me about the reasons for cancellation of flight LGW to PSA on 23/06/17.

Is there a place to get the real reason?
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Put your flight details into bottonline and EuClaim to see if they think you are due compensation. If they do google, download and read Vaubans Giuide
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bumped to tidy board
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • crazycat472
    Options
    My delayed flight from Gatwick to Guernsey was paid for by my company , am I as the individual delayed entitled to claim the compensation even though I didn't pay for it ?
    My 14.00 flight was delayed then I was bumped off , given a later flight which was also delayed and left at 22.00 making a total delay of 8 hours.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Yes you are. Compensation is paid to the person who was delayed NOT the person or company who paid for the ticket. As long as your delay as not down to an extraordinary circumstance you will be due €250
  • Quicklex
    Options
    Can I claim for compensation on a code share flight from JFK to Manchester, which was 5 hours late due to a puncture sustained by the plane on landing at JFK before departing to Manchester.
    American Airlines tell me they will not entertain a claim. My argument is that the flight was booked with British Airways with a BA flight number, BA code share with American. Is any one liable for a claim (BA or AA) or am I unable to claim?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JFK is not in Europe and AA is not a European 'operating air carrier', so unfortunately it looks like a no.

Ask for lots of frequent flyer miles and spend them on a BA weekend flight from MAN.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Quicklex
    Options
    Richard
    Thank you for the reply, do you suggest I ask BA or AA for frequent flyer miles?
    Thank you,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport