FAQs to Flight Delay Compensation queries - please read before posting

Options

Comments

• MarusOm
    Options
    I contacted easyjet in November 2015 about a delayed flight the occurred in May 2010. I have had several emails from them saying that that they are waiting for internal information about that flight. In the mean time we have crossed the 6 year boundary, so do I still have a claim or has their delaying tactic let them off the hook?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MarusOm wrote: »
    I contacted easyjet in November 2015 about a delayed flight the occurred in May 2010. I have had several emails from them saying that that they are waiting for internal information about that flight. In the mean time we have crossed the 6 year boundary, so do I still have a claim or has their delaying tactic let them off the hook?

unless you have commenced court proceedings before the 6 year deadline they can now reject your claim or ignore you and there is nothing you can do about it
  • dohadeer
    Options
    Flight delayed due to knock-on effect of previous flight being unable to land due to weather. Airline and CAA say extraordinary circumstances. Several other sources seem to say that this is not the case. No obvious clarification either way contained in the regulation itself.

Can anyone clear this up?

Thanks.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 November 2016 at 12:09AM
    Options
    was it your airport which had the bad weather which meant the incoming flight could not land?
  • dohadeer
    Options
    was it your airport which had the bad weather which meant the incoming flight could not land?

Yeah, but it was only that one incoming flight which failed to land. Other flights were landing and taking off around the same time, so the weather wasn't bad enough for my flight to fail to take off. So, in effect, the reason my flight didn't run was because there was no plane/pilot/crew etc there to operate the flight, as they were obviously reliant on the incoming flight landing. Hope that makes sense. I ended up having to wait overnight, and arrived at my destination 19 hours late.

How do the regulations deal with this as I have heard different opinions.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Put your flight details into one of the flight compensation sites bottonline or EuCliam and see what they say.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bumped....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bumped for lazy newbs, found down on page 3
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Scotta316
    Options
    Hi looking for some advice.Im trying to claim for a flight delay, but thomson have quoted Regulation 261/2004 of the European Union section 18.I have tried to search up about it , so far I have saw nothing to help me .My flight was delayed due to wheel change .Thomson say this a extraordinary circumstances.Any help would be appreciated.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Wheel change is not an extraordinary circumstance and compensation is due. Download and read Vaubans Guide and follow the advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure