Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,551 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quicklex wrote: »
    Richard
    Thank you for the reply, do you suggest I ask BA or AA for frequent flyer miles?
    Thank you,

claims are from the operating carrier which was AA (the fact you booked through BA and it has a codeshare number does not make BA liable) You would need a AA Advantage account for AA miles...note that any offer they make would be a goodwill gesture, there is no rules to state they need to give you anything
  • davie_doc
    Options
    Am i entitled to compensation for a N.Y.flight delay.the flight was American Airways but booked through B.A. who chartered the flight from Edinburgh.What rules apply?.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 October 2017 at 6:06PM
    Options
    If you flew out from the UK on AA as long as the reason for a delay or cancelled flight wasn't an extraordinary circumstance you would be due compensation and as long as the delay was over 3 hours.
  • SINCC
    Options
    Hi All,

I am new in here.
    I would like to get some advise..
    BA reject my claim as below reason:
    the flight was delayed because adverse weather conditions delaying the in bound aircraft and resulted in the crew going out of hours.
    As I understand it should be 'knock on effect' and should be able to claim?
    And I correct?
    Thanks.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are probably due compensation.
    Please repost on the BA thread. Downlaod Vauban's superb guide, and visit an online NWNF firm such as Bottsonline to check if you have a valid claim.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • finatra26
    finatra26 Posts: 4,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was booked onto a flight with Wizz Air to Gdansk in May. I logged into my Wizzair account last night and saw that they had changed my departure airport from Glasgow to Aberdeen and the flight was leaving 24hrs later than I had booked. I have a non-refundable hotel booked and it would cost an additional days A/L and an additional day in hotel (circa 90 pounds). Where do I stand?
    All help greatly appreciated
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    You're entitled to a refund or rerouting although you will probably struggle to get them to reroute you on another carrier. Looks like the route has been eliminated. You don't say what dates you're travelling but cancelling and rebooking yourself from Edinburgh with Ryanair may be an option.
  • finatra26
    Options
    Thanks jpsartre. So no compensation then. Ryanair flight is 150 quid more and the hotel another 90 as Ryanair flight also on the Saturday. Wee bit extra for us to travel to Edinburgh but not much. We were meant to be going May 25th and back May 28th which is a Public Holiday for us. Was just a cheapie weekend with us getting both return flights for £55 and hotel for £70 quid a night. If we move We will be about £250 more
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    No, compensation is never due if the airline notifies you more than 2 weeks before your scheduled departure. If there's an out for you it's in the right to rerouting. You arguably have a right be rebooked on a different carrier (at Wizzair's expense) but airlines will generally not offer this. If you pursue this right you will like have to book alternative flights yourself and then seek the difference from Wizzair, either through small claims court or through the alternative dispute resolution that Wizzair is signed up to (AviationADR).
  • finatra26
    Options
    Thanks jpsatre. That's been very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to answer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure