Royal Mail Recorded Delivery Signed For Naughty Postman...............

Options

Comments

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    I always try to arrange that deliveries arrive on days I know I will be in but I appreciate if you're working 9-5 you can't do that.

I've also got a RM sticker on the letterbox so postie knows to take to sorting office if I'm not there as neighbours have opened parcels :mad: I make sure all parcels note Please Do Not Leave With Neighbours.

Because I loathe shopping I do it online wherever poss. So I've gotten to know that if I haven't had a courier delivery by 3pm it means it won't turn up.

Royal Mail is haphazard - I might have one delivery by a weighed down postie or three deliveries besides post same day.
  • Fishingtime
    Options
    mazza111 wrote: »
    So you're quite happy to pay for a service you don't receive...

When you send something recorded delivery it says a signature is required.
    Nowhere does it say the person it is sent to has to sign it.
    Owing on CC £00.00 :j

It's like shooting nerds in a barrel
  • shireknight
    Options
    Wish my postman would sign mine for me rather than wake me up after a long nightshift with some silly little parcel that easily fits through the letterbox.
  • bluesea10
    bluesea10 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 9 August 2014 at 10:18PM
    Options
    :think: Similar issue with Royal mail but for a different reason. I sent a Signed for 1st Class letter ( with Signature required ) which was supposed to arrive in 1 or 2 days but after over a week still nothing has been updated on the Royal mail 'track and trace' website. It was quite an important letter and I really needed the confirmation of delivery with Signature proof for a precise reason. I know Royal mail does not update their site at every stage during the delivery process which is fine but by contract Royal mail is supposed to update their site soon after, once the delivery was completed with the visible Signature proof of delivery , the service I have paid for. My husband had a similar situation a few weeks before, important letter sent the Next day delivery Signed for and after 2 weeks nothing has been updated on the 'track and trace' Royal mail site or to any of the other Royal mail sites, nothing that would indicate when and if the delivery was completed or the Signature proof. I also heard of other people having the same problem too. I think the problem is that there are some ( and more than a few in my opinion) naughty and incompetent Royal mail employees that just deliver the Signed for letters and parcels without the signature that they are supposed to request upon delivery.
    I have been receiving small parcels and letters sent Signed for from our local postman and they were just left inside the letter box as standard mail without the Signature he was supposed to request. Complaining with Royal mail seems a waste of time. Filing a formal complaint which takes around 3 months to process with the 'Royal mail waiting time', in order to receive a ''compensation'' of £10 or less seems a joke. Royal mail should instead instruct their employees to do their work properly !
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bluesea10 wrote: »
    Similar issue with Royal mail but for a different reason. I sent a Signed for 1st Class letter ( with Signature required ) which was supposed to arrive in 1 or 2 days but after over a week still nothing has been updated on the Royal mail 'track and trace' website. It was quite an important letter and I really needed the confirmation of delivery with Signature proof for a precise reason. I know Royal mail does not update their site at every stage during the delivery process which is fine but by contract Royal mail is supposed to update their site soon after, once the delivery was completed with the visible Signature proof of delivery , the service I have paid for. My husband had a similar situation a few weeks before, important letter sent the Next day delivery Signed for and after 2 weeks nothing has been updated on the 'track and trace' Royal mail site or to any of the other Royal mail sites, nothing that would indicate when and if the delivery was completed or the Signature proof. I also heard of other people having the same problem too. I think the problem is that there are some ( and more than a few in my opinion) naughty and incompetent Royal mail employees that just deliver the Signed for letters and parcels without the signature that they are supposed to request upon delivery.
    I have been receiving small parcels and letters sent Signed for from our local postman and they were just left inside the letter box as standard mail without the Signature he was supposed to request. Complaining with Royal mail seems a waste of time. Filing a formal complaint which takes around 3 months to process with the 'Royal mail waiting time', in order to receive a ''compensation'' of £10 or less seems a joke. Royal mail should instead instruct their employees to do their work properly !

So have you complained about your items being delivered without you signing?
  • bluesea10
    edited 9 August 2014 at 10:10PM
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. No we have not issued a formal complaint with Royal mail yet. As mentioned, there is a 3 months waiting period for the whole process, for a modest compensation of approx. £10 for the signed for letter and approx. £15 for the Next day delivery signed for letter.
    It is not about the money, it is more about a betrayal of trust. We might and purely as a matter of principle make a formal complaint with Royal mail. Royal mail on the other hand should seriously invest more time on instructing their employees. Simple as that ;)
  • custardy
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. No we have not issued a formal complaint with Royal mail yet. As mentioned, there is a 3 months waiting period for the whole process, for a modest compensation of approx. £10 for the signed for letter and approx. £15 for the Next day delivery signed for letter.
    It is not about the money, it is more about a betrayal of trust. We might and purely as a matter of principle make a formal complaint with Royal mail. Royal mail on the other hand should seriously invest more time on instructing their employees. Simple as that ;)

Try reading what I wrote.
    Have you complained about your items being delivered without signing?
    The items you received. Where does compensation come into it?
  • bluesea10
    edited 9 August 2014 at 10:54PM
    Options
    Try reading my post please. Already mentioned that no formal complaint has been made so far. The post is about the two letters Signed for we sent, letters that weren`t updated in the Royal mail system, meaning that there was no indication if and when the letters were delivered or not or signed for. Occasionally, we receive signed for letters placed as standard mail in the letter box but this wasn`t the point of my post. The compensation comes because Royal mail have not performed the service which we paid for, therefore Royal mail provide in their terms and conditions a modest compensation in these situations after a certain period of time. In any case, we have not formally complained in none of the two situations yet but we might, thanks. :)
  • custardy
    Options
    Try reading my post please. Already mentioned that no formal complaint has been made so far. The post is about the two letters Signed for we sent, letters that weren`t updated in the Royal mail system, meaning that there was no indication if and when the letters were delivered or not or signed for. Occasionally, we receive signed for letters placed as standard mail in the letter box but this wasn`t the point of my post. The compensation comes because Royal mail have not performed the service which we paid for, therefore Royal mail provide in their terms and conditions a modest compensation in these situations after a certain period of time. In any case, we have not formally complained in none of the two situations yet but we might, thanks. :)

Could it be you aren't bothered about not obtaining a sig on your received items?
    How are RM meant to know there's a problem if you don't complain?
    Do you think posting on a forum will do that?
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have little confidence in the security afforded by Special Delivey services.

A friend of mine ordered some expensive small items and these were sent by Special Delivery, which includes insurance for loss. The items didn't arrive. When she queried this, she was told they had been delivered. She got a copy of the signature, and it was a name she didn't recognise at all.
    However, she was told that, because there was a signature, as far as they were concerned, the items had been delivered. There was nothing she could do about it, and no compensation for the value of the items.

So what is the point of paying Special Delivery prices for valuable items? They'd probably be safer going by ordinary First Class post.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport