Options
    Suzy99 wrote: »
    got the letter, changed on the last day of £15 One plan to
    £18 /month
    Unlimited Data,
    12GB Personal Hotspot. [Normally 8GB]
    Unlimited Text.
    200 mins.

I also got my letter to say my £15 One Plan was changing and the nearest plan was £30 !

After several calls went with AYCE data (inc 12GB tethering), 600 minutes + 2000 3 to 3 mins and AYCE texts still monthly rolling for £17.

I also got an account credit for the hassle.

Not happy about prices going up put £17 is better than £30 when I don't use a massive amount of mins.
  • planetf1
    planetf1 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's a good deal. I ended up getting AYCE data/calls/texts (with 12GB limit to tethering) for £20 pcm on a 12m contract having called retentions again following vodafone's £20 offer...

£17 sounds excellent for that deal (something I might have taken. Oh well....)

It seems they've relented on the hard line of "no discounts" just in the last week or so!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • joeluken
    joeluken Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    planetf1 wrote: »
    It seems they've relented on the hard line of "no discounts" just in the last week or so!

No sure I agreed the deal on 3rd Feb.

£20 is still a pretty good deal if you need a lot of mins. :)
  • JosphineWallis
    Options
    ya..the same offer is what i got a three month ago ...seems like a good offer
  • Machpoint8
    Options
    Been a customer for as long as they have been in business. Have tried to leave in the past but the data/feel like home (family travel a lot) is too good. I've 7 contracts in the family on sim only and I haggle every year.

2 on historic One Plans. Got the letter last month on both and accepted £20/month (rolling month) for unlimited minutes/texts/AYCE data. For mine, I took £12/month Unlimited min/texts/ 4gb data.

3 contracts I renegotiated today for unlimited minutes texts and 4gb data for £9/month (12 months) .

The other 2 are on historic 100 minutes and AYCE data for £13/month. I'll hang on to that until maybe next month when the man promised a better AYCE offer. Kids need data.

***IMPT. Don't let them scare you with "you will lose these great offers if you choose to serve your notice" etc. Phone and select the "I want to cancel" option. Insist on the PAC code and eventually, depending on how politely insistent you are, you will be put through to the cancellation team. They have much better offers. They admitted they were emailing some of these to the first guy I was chatting with as we spoke initially. Don't even bother with online chat facility as they haven't got the auth.

IMHO, it's generally a fabulous network, very underestimated. 4g is standard and I've never experienced any "throttling" . The new contracts include tethering (not abroad tho) which is fab. And I can phone/text/what's app my kids anywhere I would normally go in the world. And they can too. Only downside is that every year I have to set aside a lot of hours one day for this renegotiation thing lol.

Hope that helps someone!
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    Retention deals are basically non-existent. Only have deals on four phones:
    • iPhone 6
    • iPhone 6S
    • Galaxy s6
    • Galaxy S6 edge

All of them had no upfront cost (saving £29 or £49) but the line rentals were only £2 or £3 below the standard pricing.

New customers do pay an upfront cost but get 6 months line rental at half price.

Went through to cancellations and was given my PAC without being offered anything different.
  • farmeruk
    farmeruk Posts: 263 Forumite
    Options
    Awful Customer service, I kept telling them I wanted all you eat data. He kept going on about 30gb and then went down to 8gb. Went through to retentions and he couldn't give m anything. They all keep telling me I can't have ayce data and max is 30gb.

Got my pac

Went to live chat he told me I can have ayce data 200 minutes ayce texts £23 including £5 direct debit discount.

I'm now going to gift gaff on a £5 pay monthly contract, and intend to join 3 as a new customer for 1/2 price 6months.

Does anyone know if three will ring to offer better ??? As I am joining gift gaff tomorrow.
    Started advent comps 04.12.2013
    1st day won bunch of flowers
    2nd day ipad mini

Above space reserved for today's win :rotfl:
  • mrchagle
    mrchagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    farmeruk wrote: »
    Does anyone know if three will ring to offer better ??? As I am joining gift gaff tomorrow.

Did Three call you with any better offer?
    If I've help in anyway, please remember to thank me :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure