The Completely Crazy 2013 Clothes Challenge

Options
1505152535456»

Comments

• fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I only went and did it and made it 8 no spend months in a row. Mind you I've got used to not spending on clothes now after lots of spending last year and early this year to buy clothes after losing weight. Have kept the weight off now for one year plus.

My spends for 2013 were;

Jan - 2 x pairs of jeggings £7 each reduced from £25 each, 2 x necklaces and 1 x necklace and bracelet for £2 each reduced from £15 each. Deep raspberry work shirt and snakeskin work shirt both £6 reduced from £22.50 and £25.

Feb - Betty Jackson White top £9.60 reduced from £35, principles blue top and purple top costing £9.60 and £7.68 both reduced from £32. Red Herring white cotton top £8.40 reduced from £28.

March - Per Una sleeveless blouse £14 reduced from £35 and 3 pairs of knickers £8 from £15

April - pair of Limited platform shoes £12 from£25

Total spent £101.98
    Full RRP - £245.50

No spends since April apart from a coat from the charity shop for £12 bought with birthday money.

I'm really very pleased with how the spending has been reigned in over the last 12 months. Let's see how I get on this next year with a budget of £100.

Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • trishx
    trishx Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I didn't go out of my way to write down everything I bought but as I'd 'fessed everything to this group, I just went to 'Search this Thread' and used to advanced search to pull up all the posts by me.

Well done everyone who completed the challenge (and everyone who tried :)) I'll join you on the 2014 thread as soon as I've made my mind up about my budget... dilemmas!
  • Hbdc
    Hbdc Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't stick to the £100 budget, probably spent nearer £200 but still a lot better than previous years and now I'm in the habit of not buying clothes it'll be even easier this year :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure