1848586878890»

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 December 2013 at 9:25PM
    Options
    Happy Hogmanay!

Had a lovely afternoon tea with friends today (free, curtesy of one of them) and am now sitting on my own. Can hardly chain OH to the couch, but he took the car so should really just have one. I poured myself a small white (sure baby wont mind) after prepping tomorrows tea and doing the dishes.

May 2014 be good to you all. Slainte!
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • KittyBoo_2
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone and I hope 2014 finds you all in good health (and wealth).
    My last post for 2013 and really looking forward to starting the new challenge. I am chuffed to bits that I stayed in budget and achieved the NSD's too.
    I've started the budget and drawn the cash out of the bank for everything that's not a direct debit payment. I've got it split into my envelopes (well, plastic cash bags from the bank) and planning to start the year off by not spending anything, so I can make a good start on the NSD. I'm spending tonight menu planning from what's in the freezer/pantry/cupboards etc so that when I do need to have a spendy day, I can get what I need all in one go.
    Have a lovely evening, whatever you're doing and I'll see you all on the other side. x
    NSK Zombie # SFD 7/15 Food Bank £0/£5
    Food
    £73.57/£122 (incl. pet food)
    Petrol £20/£40
    Exercise 2/15 Outings 1/2
    Debt :eek: £18,917
  • Liliyanna
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone :beer:

To everyone working tonight dealing with the public, whether it's the entertainment industry, emergency services, taxi drivers or anthing really, I wish you a safe and speedy shift.

ShySpender - What a horrible way to end the year...keeping Janus in mind, it's time to start looking forward and leave the old year in the past (that probably includes horrible people as well)!!.

Stewby - Congrats on just making it with NSD's, I'm the same - only got my 15 in yesterday,phew!!.

CEW - Hope your pooch is OK? I like your diary idea, will look out for one myself, thanks x x

Calling14 - Hope you have a better start to the new year than your end to this one x x

Traveller - I love the idea of a debt busting soundtrack, gonna have to think about mine, what about everyone else, do you have a certain song in mind?

Clippy girl - Please stay safe, no matter how well lit the street or how busy bad things still happen, get a taxi if you can x x

I've spent the evening chilling, having a lovely shower and listening to club classics on the radio and have now just started work. It's picking up already and I'm on till 7am:eek:

I generaly like working NYE as I'm earning money and still get to feel the party buzz, if only as a sober onlooker ;) (that suits me fine)

December was good month MSE wise, I've generally stuck to all my budgets (maybe a few pounds over on some but nothing over £10) and have acheived my 16 SFD today :T

I'm soooo excited about this coming year and have got several spreadsheets covering where every penny will go in the coming year...'man makes plans, God laughs' comes to mind but I'm ready and willing :D

I found NSK and her challenges and all you lovely people in August this year and can say it's really made a difference to me on a personal level and certainly on a financial level. So a big thank you to NSK for dragging me slowly but surely towards debt freedom and to all you lovely people who I seem to know more about than some of my friends. You've shared your highs and lows with me and helped me to keep motivated when it's all got a bit much. I can honestly say there's a very good chance I would be heading towards a DMP if I hadn't found you all when I did so a big :T :j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T to you all and I promise to post more this year and not just lurk :A

Will catch you all on the Janus thread

Love to all

Lily x x
    LBM = Jan 1st 2013 - £42,000 owed DFD = Christmas Eve 2014 :D:D
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say a huge thank you to NSK and everyone else on here for your support over the last few months. This challenge has really kept me on the straight and narrow, and given me a much brighter looking future.

I am off to bed now as I'm shattered, so Happy New Year everyone and I wish you all a successful 2014 :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • fyggy
    fyggy Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Shortest post by me, ever... SFDs 19/15

Thanks for your thoughts on my Xmas gift money :)

See you all on Janus Janvier :)
    Debt at LBM June 2013- £31,300
    Debt July 2014- £16,736
    [STRIKE]1 HP, 5 4 3 2[/STRIKE] 1 CC & 2 loans

DFD: March 2017
    Sealed Pot ~£90
    DFW Diary: "A diary of plans, lists, goals & challenges"
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    NSK is signing OUT of DDD! What a year!!!

Love you lot!!!

See you in January!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!!!

See you in 2014!!!

:)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All and Happy New Year!

Thought I would pop in here to update December totals before hot footing over to the Jan thread!

Spent £105.18 at Sainsburys, this included almost £10 on pet food another on batteries and a £10 meal deal for NYE inc wine. I also have enough laundry products to last until March! Will update sig in a mo. I was going to take this from Jan budgets but I did spend it in Dec so will count as Dec even though it takes me over and start Jan with a clean slate and lower budgets. I also spent a fiver yesterday on reduced items (biscuits, Xmas pud, cream, chocs, bread, baked beans and tomatoes) at morrisons

My totals for December rounded up are as follows:-

Food/groceries £340/250
    Alcohol £77/50
    Pets £52/50
    Fuel £114/120
    SFD 16/15
    Toiletries £0/10
    Food bank £8/8

See you over at the Jan Challenge.

Well done everyone xx
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • EyesWideOpen
    Options
    Happy New Year all!
    Sorry for absence but I've been on a two week holiday with family and the internet was very very unpredictable so I didn't have a chance to read continuously or post at all.

I managed 13 SFDs so not too bad. Was also good and didn't buy anything for myself and exchanged pretty but unnecessary clothes the children received for things they do need(baby does not need four pretty dresses she'll beryl get a chance to use, for instance). I'm pleased with that and will bring that mindset into 2014. Didn't pay off what I intended to pay off the CC as I've had a few unexpected bills (car related). So that's a downer but I'm positive for 2014. Off to sign up to the Jan challenge now :j
    Finally had my eyes opened and I am ready to tackle my debts!
    Janus Illusion challenge #87
    Total CC & overdraft: £5827, planned DFD= 31.12.14
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family