Fireworks - LOST DOG thread now, not chat.

Jojo_the_Tightfisted
Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 6 November 2011 at 1:16PM in Pets & pet care
EDIT I started this just as a chatty thing, but following Sazzybum's post, this is now a lost animal thread.

I hope he is found safe and well.

(And no, hijacking is fine :D)

Well, they're going off all round us. Have been for a couple of hours now. Sounds like a re-enaction of the 2nd Battle of the Somme, tbh. Any moment now and I wouldn't be surprised if a Panzer regiment started rolling down the next road.

Cat #1 is cleaning her bottom whilst sitting in the armchair.

Cat #2 is plodding around, having just gone back for his 5th helping of dinner. He was snoring on my foot and clawing DD's hip as she played on her DSi, but he got bored with that.

Where's Cat #3? [gets up to look]

[Sigh]

Cat #3 is sitting on the back doorstep, looking at the purty sparkles in the sky.

Oh, and Cat #2 has jumped back onto the sofa between myself and DD. He wants the heating on, but we're mean like that. Poor traumatised boy.

Shocking, isn't it?

And no, no Feliway, no kitty valium, no valerian, nothing. They just don't seem to care. :huh:

What happened?
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
colinw wrote: »
Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D

Comments

• Both my cats are sitting in the window, although they are not keen on the really loud bangs. Its Harvey (indoor rabbit) who is hiding under the console table, he certainly doesn't like the noise.

I feel for the small animals who are kept in hutches outside tonight, they may be frightened, please make sure they are checked upon.
  • Arrrrrgggghhhh - I'm having a nightmare with my lot:(

Cat 1 who is usually terrified is hiding in his bed in the wardrobe (but not looking too stressed):undecided

Cat 2 who usually isn't too bothered is lying midway up the stairs while being very wide eyed and keeps going nuts everytime one goes off:(

Dog who also usually isn't bothered is a quivering wreak:( He was wanting a wee and I waited until it seemed to have quietened down (they were coming from the left of the garden) and we went out and this huge firework went screaming up from the right:mad:. He even started woofing (which he only does if very stressed). He's glued to my side (everywhere IYKWIM) and his ears are flat and he's not a happy boy.

I really wish they'd ban them, I hate them..... they cause so many injuries I honestly think you should only be able to see them at proper organised displays.

Sorry, rant over.:o

On another rant - I wish they'd stop doorbell sounds on tv ads. Everytime one goes, the poor wee lamb leaps up and woofs (hates anyone coming to the door)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Wolverine: Omg pretty things out the window....I'm going back to sleep now g'night

River: I'm asleep on the stairs :c

Griffy: Cleaning mah butt~ Cleaning mah leg~ Cleaning your arm~ Purr~
    (he's such and uncaring fluffbutt)

Loki: I CAN CATCH THEM OUT THE WINDOW RIGHT MOM?! RIGHT?! RIGHT?! OMG LOOK ANOTHER ONE! WHY IS THIS FORCEFIELD UPPPPP

Lucian: Staring at Loki like he's brain damaged

Scar & Malachi sleeping on the stairs

as for the dogs, they just need a bit more cuddling than usual and bark everytime they go outside to use the bathroom and the foster cats could not care less they just looked at me like I was stupid for not bringing wet food with me.

I think that given household noises, bells, phones, vacuums, washing machines etc most animals are used to loud noises by the time November comes around.
  • Ohhhhhh my PolarKitt - that's a full house!
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    my cat has been skitting around between the back of the tv and the sofa. she's on my bed with me now and i dont think she is that bothered by it until one goes off then she's all wide eyed and scared :-(

This is just the beginning- around here we will be getting them every night between now and new year, but tonight will (hopefully!) be the worst night until ny
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • lisawood78
    lisawood78 Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    2 girls fast asleep in their beds, 1 boy on the sofa next to me a quivering wreck with his head on my lap.
    As he was left out during fireworks before we had him (long story) he is petrified. We gave him skullcap and valerian liquid which has helped, a little.
    Fireworks are pretty for sure, but do they have to be so damn loud!!! :-(
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • PolarKitt wrote: »
    Wolverine: Omg pretty things out the window....I'm going back to sleep now g'night

River: I'm asleep on the stairs :c

Griffy: Cleaning mah butt~ Cleaning mah leg~ Cleaning your arm~ Purr~
    (he's such and uncaring fluffbutt)

Loki: I CAN CATCH THEM OUT THE WINDOW RIGHT MOM?! RIGHT?! RIGHT?! OMG LOOK ANOTHER ONE! WHY IS THIS FORCEFIELD UPPPPP

Lucian: Staring at Loki like he's brain damaged

Scar & Malachi sleeping on the stairs

:rotfl:

I lurve those names!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • I had an online grocery order delivered earlier ...... I'd managed to get the cats in early afternoon and didn't want them going out again in case they didn't come in before it got dark.

Anyway, the guy arrived with 1st lot of bags which he dumped in the wide open door.

I literally threw them further up the hall, asked him to just leave the bags outside and I'd bring them in as I didn't want the cats getting out and shut the door.

He arrived with the 2nd lot of bags and did exactly the same thing - this time, I had to literally throw them outside and say again, could he leave them there as it was fireworks night & I didn't want the cats getting out.

Then he did the same with the 3rd lot - at this point I was about to lose it as both cats are now trying to get out again and he said "well, it makes no difference to me where I leave them" - so why didn't he do as I asked:mad: - was I really being unreasonable asking him to leave them outside?

Thankfully, I managed to get them both back but I wasn't a happy chappy (as you can probably tell) - it's been a bit of a stressful day and isn't getting better so far.:o

Working up to taking the dog out for his last wee:(
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    My cats aren't bothered by them at all, as long as they have somewhere warm to sleep then they are happy :)

My dog growls at the really loud ones but isn't overly bothered by them luckily, it must be horrible for animals that are petrified of them :(
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • sazzybum
    sazzybum Posts: 1,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My cats are fine, but my 11 year old lab has went missing. I had to let him and puppy out for a wee, and he slipped his collar and ran.

I've been in touch with the police, and the SSPCA , who were NO help whatsoever. Wouldn't even take his details.

His collar has all his tags on it, so I'm really, really worried. He;s so old, and was so scared. I've been round and round the town looking for him, and now am sitting with the front door wide open in case he comes home. I'm absolutely beside myself.

Doesn't help that my partner is away seeing his family in Australia for three weeks, so am all on my own with the rest of them to look after as well. I just don't know what else to do. He's the only one not chipped, because he was solder and didn't go anywhere without us.

Sorry for rambling-i just feel very alone and very afraid right now:(
    Ruaridh Armstrong-missing since 05/11/11. Come home old boy-we miss you x

If you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

I will respect your opinions, even if I don't agree with them :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback