The 12 week Debt-Life *Achieve something* Plan - WEEK 7

Options

Comments

• sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    Have been doing well this week
    Walked to work 2 days and have done my runclub run....
    Have emailed one of my outstanding debts to get confirmation of balance and then will pay it off.
    Still need to phone uni..:eek: just a bit confused about whether I am taking the right route and have had so much conflicting advice!
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • huston_kw
    Options
    My week two is still going well, my house looks lovely, although I need to do out cupboards & get rid of unwanted stuff, but it's on my to-do list, routine is working like a dream, Kids are loving it they always liked it before.

I will keep popping in trying to get very organised; housework, routine, finances & free time etc

I must get a either a diary / calendar for next year have dentist appointment for next March already to add, had to put a reminder on the Sunday before on my calendar on my computer for now.

Anyway hope everyone else is doing well
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Oh I so need this challenge!
    I've read all the posts so far and have been really inspired!

Sorry if my list is not original, but you peeps have said it all!

So, deep breath, here goes!
    1. Pay at least an extra £100 per week off debts - see PAD whey hey ..doneit!
    2. Loose (at least) a pound per week - weigh in Thursday
    3. Declutter spare room - sarted on linen cupboard - more washing now:confused:
    4. List 4 items per week on ebay - should help with 2 - not yet
    5. Do something physcial each day :confused: - had a 20 min walk today
    6. Do that blinkin Ofsted form! - well we said 12 weeks!!!
    7. Organise house paperwork and set up a house file so if owt happens to me OH knows what's what! - shredded a bagful - every little helps!
    8. Put my mileage claim in each month - ok ok I'll do it !!
    9. Contact at least one friend each week - been on email to friend in canada
    10. Go out somewhere other than the local each week - not yet
    11. Get Christmas sorted. - ordered 4 presents today from sale catalogue
    12. Do something constructive/different at least every other day! - sewed buttons on yesterday!
    Off out to garden!
    Pip
    x

I'm plodding on with this - but you guys seem to be doing so well - keep it up!
    Pip
    x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lost 3lbs this week :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • sallyx
    Options
    Great news Beanie, onwards and upwards!

Ive paid off one debt £1500 today and have made a plan for the next 10 weeks to get another paid off :)
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Fab sally~you are a star :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • sallyx
    Options
    Am setting myself tasks for tomorrow
    Clean and hoover downstairs
    Drop B at school
    Nip to town to do mystery shop
    Pop to waitrose
    Cook supper
    List 3 things on ebay
    PHONE UNI...I will do this tomorrow!
    Set up UCAS account :eek:
    Go to Phoenix card party and limit spend to £5 and eat lots and drink even more ;)
    Finally Debt Free...
  • true27
    true27 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :hello: hi everyone!

Well done to everybody for trying so hard and getting so much motivation from the thread!

My original list has kinda gone byebye - what with a wedding to organise, me being nearly two dress sizes too big for my dress :eek: and the dog/cat bringing fleas into the house (aka reception venue :eek:)!!!

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone this week, although I think I'm going to give up this week and start again from next monday!! :rotfl:

Definitely staying in bed until payday......as if i'll be allowed lol :rolleyes:
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • true27
    true27 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh btw sallyx i set up my ucas account, took a matter of minutes to get the login bits HTH!! the personal statement was a bit tricky but i got mine sorted, pm me if you want to see what i've written to help with ideas :D
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • sallyx
    Options
    sallyx wrote: »
    Am setting myself tasks for tomorrow
    [STRIKE]
    Clean and hoover downstairs
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Drop B at school[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]
    Nip to town to do mystery shop
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Pop to waitrose[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]
    Cook supper
    [/STRIKE]List 3 things on ebay
    PHONE UNI...I will do this tomorrow!
    [STRIKE]Set up UCAS account [/STRIKE]:eek:
    Go to Phoenix card party and limit spend to £5 and eat lots and drink even more ;)

Still need to phone uni and list 3 things on ebay...got half an hour
    Finally Debt Free...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport