Tax credit renewal - general questions (merged)

Options

Comments

• MILLYMOLLY
    MILLYMOLLY Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Options
    Hi does anyone know if I can't get through today will they still deal with it tomorrow or is it too late, I know today is officially the final day, was just wondering if they might give a bit more time with the lines being so busy.
    Thanks
    Starting to save £2 coins again, but it is a struggle:rotfl:Not doing very well keep spending them
  • kerys28
    kerys28 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    try this number i got through within 5 minutes youve got to phone off a mobile it is 14101355359007
  • MILLYMOLLY
    MILLYMOLLY Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Options
    Just got through to renewals at last, used the 0845 no couldn't get through on overseas no.

Will most definately do it earlier next time
    Starting to save £2 coins again, but it is a struggle:rotfl:Not doing very well keep spending them
  • jollygreen
    Options
    I have been trying to renew my tax credit for 3 hours now and phone either takes me on an 20 minute journey of what to have ready then says can't connet me to operator or just says they are to busy upon collection! I can't do it on-line - how stupid! And it's certainly not my fault they haven't the staff or resources to answer my call! What shall I do? Will they take it tomorrow or threaten for me to have to repay it!!! That happened to a friend! Sat here with my P60 and can't do anything! Please advise- worried!
  • jollygreen
    Options
    now they have shut! Surely my bill will prove I've tried for 3 hours and they will have to take it off me tomorrow? What will happen?
  • kerys28
    Options
    they will stop your payments for a week or 2 at the end of august but they should pay you back
    they done it to me last year but i renewed mine in june 2010 but it was a computer error
  • jollygreen
    Options
    I hope to god they do.... dread to think how many like me haven't got through but tbh they would know the numbers that haven't renewed and letter stated tonight until 8pm so they should have expected the volume and made provision for it x
  • no-oneknowsme
    no-oneknowsme Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    This post isnt aimed at (or having a go at anyone) but it amazes me that people can leave their renewal until the very last day!

My nerves wouldnt allow me to leave something so important till this stage........
    The loopy one has gone :j
  • kerys28
    Options
    its the most stupidist system iv ever come accross
    i renewed mine in may and still nothing has been done it should have been done by july 1st but no not the tax credit team they are idiots
    my mother done hers 2 weeks ago and she had hers a week later
  • jollygreen
    Options
    I know you're not having a go at me but if there is a deadline and the lines are open, the calls should be taken! Simple! I have done tax credit online before... what's happened to that? They have been told the very same details they are asking for for renewal approx 6 weeks ago when Our income changed and I was asked for 2010 - 2011... but sure that won't stop them making a song and dance about it...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure