Can you claim Children's Tax Credit from 2002/3?

Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• sinderella_2
    sinderella_2 Posts: 672 Forumite
    Options
    islashona, that is a fantastic bonus for you and exactly why this site is so great!
    Gala bingo wins £70!!! mystery shopping earnings: £0
    MutualPoints 2898 STP £20.50 Tesco clubcard points £950 for summer 09!

• cozza
    cozza Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received a cheque today for £67.04 after they told me i wasnt entitled to anything about 3 weeks ago they must have looked at my claim again :)
    cozza
  • sinderella_2
    sinderella_2 Posts: 672 Forumite
    Options
    hey well that's definitely better than nought, cozza, well done
    Gala bingo wins £70!!! mystery shopping earnings: £0
    MutualPoints 2898 STP £20.50 Tesco clubcard points £950 for summer 09!

• 24_fan
    24_fan Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Well after sending the initial form of in December I thought everything was fine with my claim .
    After reading on hear that people had started to get there money I started to chase up mine .
    I phoned in February to see how things were going to be told its probably still in the pile ring back in a month.
    Ive rung back every few weeks to be told the same thing . After reading a few more post on hear about a dead line in April (I think) I decided to chase it up they said they will send me a letter regarding this never recieved it .I requested a copy letter to be sent out which I recieved today.
    Guess what it said Sorry we cannot process your claim as we never recieved the original document.
    Has anyone got any idea what I can do about this as I know im entitled to this money.
  • marshmallows
    marshmallows Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    24_fan wrote: »
    Well after sending the initial form of in December I thought everything was fine with my claim .
    After reading on hear that people had started to get there money I started to chase up mine .
    I phoned in February to see how things were going to be told its probably still in the pile ring back in a month.
    Ive rung back every few weeks to be told the same thing . After reading a few more post on hear about a dead line in April (I think) I decided to chase it up they said they will send me a letter regarding this never recieved it .I requested a copy letter to be sent out which I recieved today.
    Guess what it said Sorry we cannot process your claim as we never recieved the original document.
    Has anyone got any idea what I can do about this as I know im entitled to this money.

Did you send it special delivery? I sent hubbys claim special so they had to sign for it incase anything like this happened?
  • Nicki1968
    Nicki1968 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Just to let you all know, i made my claim before the deadline, i waited patiently and eventually received a letter saying that my earnings were too high during the period in question, but as i am a single parent earning approx £13,000 i knew immediately that this was incorrect.

I then phoned the office on the letter and asked how they had concluded that i had earned too much, the guy on the phone was really helpful and he said he could see by my contributions for the year that i couldn't possibly have earned over the threshold. He advised he would pass my claim through again to be re-done.

After waiting another month i rang again and found that they had lost my original application but were going to look at it again if i could provide my basic information again.

Finally 4 months after first applying i received a cheque for £661.00.

So if you believe that you are entitled then don't give up....always follow up letters or phone calls and always obtain the persons name/details etc.

Good luck to anyone who is still chasing, but i am proof that being persistent does work!
  • wanting2save
    wanting2save Posts: 1,975 Forumite
    Options
    Hi did anyone else have to go through the 'entitlement agency' for their claim? Am having problems at the moment with HMRC losing my forms and am getting very frustrated as this has been obviously dragging on for months.
    Wondered if anyone has a more direct phone number for HMRC that isnt 0845 366 7815?
    Thanks
    **Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!‏**

**Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away**
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure