Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Centipede100
Centipede100 Posts: 107 Forumite
edited 1 July 2014 at 4:03PM in Flight delay compensation
MSE Official Insert:

This discussion thread is linked to from our Flight Delays Compensation guide. Please read that for full help.

Comments

• Hi
    I wrote to Thompson on 08/11/12 re a flight from MAN on 10/10/08 which was delayed by 10 hours. Today I received forms from them to be completed prior to their investigation. With my letter I enclosed a copy of the booking confirmation and receipt. The form says that I need to attach my boarding passes, which I did not keep. Is it just Thompson that have asked for these as I can't find a mention of this in any other posts? They say the claim forms will be returned if not fully completed so its looks as though I can take this no further. Have you heard of any similar situation?
    Regards
    mshopeful
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 January 2013 at 2:09PM
    I would write back with a LBA if they do not proceed with your claim based on the information and documentation supplied.
    Be aware that should it go to court, you will be asked by the airline to prove that you were on the flight.
    I'm currently investigating the possibility that UK border control can supply port of entry on a certain date details.
    Although an alternative stance, in court, would be to place the onus on the airline to 'prove' that you wasn't on the flight.
    It seems rather perverse to me, that the airline, who hold the check in details anyway, would withhold evidence from the court, if asked or not.
  • Thanks for your responses. I hope I don't sound foolish, but what is the LBA you mentioned?
  • enc10
    enc10 Posts: 90 Forumite
    I have completed my thomson form without the boarding passes and hope they process it.
  • I complained about this flight when we got home as we had a 24 hours 41 minutes delay (plane went 'technical' half way down the runway on take off :eek: and appalling treatment from one of the Reps. I also ask for my out of pocket expenses (£52.85) to be given to me. Got a letter back apologising for the delay and problems and suggesting I claim on my insurance (£50.00 excess on that!) that's all!!

Well now thanks to MSE and the template letter they now have a request for delay compensation as well as my expenses.

Thanks for the template:T, so many of these big companies try it on these days and wheedle their way out of poor service, it's about time they paid for their errors:mad:!! Might mean we all get better service in the end :rotfl:

John.
  • I believe I have two claims for delayed flights which I can make. We were delayed six hours returning from Cancun to Gatwick, and 24 hours flying from London Gatwick to Cancun. Both of these flights were in 2010 and 2011. Both reasons for delays were down to scheduling and planes being in the wrong location which caused delays. It was not down to weather!!!

I will send my letters in today. Des this sound like it meets the designated criteria?

Thanks
  • I booked a package hol with Thomson last
    Sept for this Sept with Day flights

Thomson have now altered these flights to
    later flights at night by 7hrs 15min
    out and 5hr 15 min return

These are no good to me and I had to re-book
    for another day at a further £300 cost

They say they can alter the flights anytime they
    want
  • We had a 5 hour delay on a flight june 26th 2012. I complained as soon as we returned home as it meant we lost half a day of our week holiday they turned us down. In October I then wrote referring to the EU legislation and they have now sent me a claim form after me chasing them. They want our boarding passes. And unless we send them the form will be returned. Not many people keep their boarding passes so fe,el it is an avoiding tactic by them. Anyone else making a claim for this flight TOM 30 gatwick to montego bay? Percyandbob
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 239 Forumite
    mykola45 wrote: »
    I booked a package hol with Thomson last

As the flights are yet to occur they are not delayed, so nothing to do with this.

However try their Facebook page, they may be more helpful.

http://facebook.com/Thomsonholidays

Chances are the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you booked actually allow them to do this. Dig them out and see what they say.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mykola45 wrote: »
    I booked a package hol with Thomson last

Thomson have now altered these flights to
    later flights at night by 7hrs 15min
    out and 5hr 15 min return

These are no good to me and I had to re-book
    for another day at a further £300 cost

They say they can alter the flights anytime they
    want

Are the flight numbers the same?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback