Options

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    I can assure you its mandatory on this occasion.... :p

My area will start taking the hit from this on Monday onwards.

Basically in most contracts of employment is says that you may be required to work extra hours at short notice. If you have a problem with this, then at the point you agree the contract, you have to make it known to the employer why you might have a problem with this. e.g you may have caring responsibilities. You can also at any stage ask an employer to add an addendum to your contract, where you cannot work extra hours at short notice. It would up to your employer whether to accept this or not. If they did not, then you would enter into the relevant process that your employer has to resolve such issues. This is normally reference to a different senior manager and HR manager.

Hope that helps anyone, if they are ever in this situation.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Well, the fixed technical issue has resulted in my card being declined this afternoon - I have sufficient funds despite money not being paid in and my card working Thursday and Friday.

Hope it resolves itself by Monday!
  • 6am
    6am Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am not really affected by all these problems. However I am concerned that they lie.
    Can I still access my accounts online?
    Our online service is available and customers can continue to log in to access their accounts. We recognise that for many customers balances may not be up to date and ability to make payments or transfers may be restricted. We are continuing to work on a resolution to this.
    This statement is false and it is easy to prove. Their feedback page http://www.natwest.com/global/customer-charter/g1/ideas-bank.ashx has a lot of comments that some people cannot access online banking and each message gets a lot of votes. I am unable to access online banking since morning.

It is possible that this is an old information and they did not update it. However they recently updated FAQ (added more answers) and they did not retract this statement.

What else do they lie about?
  • robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can assure you its mandatory on this occasion.... :p

My area will start taking the hit from this on Monday onwards.

We have even been asked if you would be willing to cancel any annual leave over the next few weeks.

Would that area be Natwest customers 'in the departure lounge' as it were?, it could be mighty cramped in that lounge.....;)
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • madchickvic
    Options
    I have scoured these forums - and like a few others If I am due my wages on a Monday they are always in the bank able to draw from on a Saturday. I am just wondering if anyone has had any joy getting emergency cash from a branch under these circumstances? I am just worried I start work at 7am on Monday so if my money does not appear by then I wont have the fuel to get to work!

Thinking of visiting a Branch tomorrow but dont want to waste time potentially able to help others if no need to - I can manage food wise til then but....

Also anyone due to clear today (paid Monday) seen any money yet today?
  • MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    We have even been asked if you would be willing to cancel any annual leave over the next few weeks.

Weeks, is it going to take that long to sort out?
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would that area be Natwest customers 'in the departure lounge' as it were?, it could be mighty cramped in that lounge.....;)

No sorry..
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 24 June 2012 at 3:54AM
    Options
    6am wrote: »
    I am not really affected by all these problems. However I am concerned that they lie.
    This statement is false and it is easy to prove. Their feedback page http://www.natwest.com/global/customer-charter/g1/ideas-bank.ashx has a lot of comments that some people cannot access online banking and each message gets a lot of votes. I am unable to access online banking since morning.

It is possible that this is an old information and they did not update it. However they recently updated FAQ (added more answers) and they did not retract this statement.

I haven't been able to access NWOLB all day, after first trying at 7.30 am! :mad:
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    6am wrote: »

I've been getting SSL connection errors all day.

I
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • lufc7
    lufc7 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    jinty271 wrote: »
    While you are in there earning lots of enhanced tax payers pennies, to add a little excitement to your holidays, any chance you could find out exactly when us folks will get our wages?

I am starting to find the tone of your posts slightly "smirking".

Sorry this bugs the hell outta me, regardless of where their bloody wages come from they earn it! Just because you pay tax and the government has assisted the bank it entitles you to nothing special from that person, the way you talk about tax payers pennies, where do you think their bloody tax money goes??! to an offshore account? no in essense they are assisting paying for their own wages! I also work and get paid by the tax payer but, getting a 4-6 mth sunny holiday to the middle east every 18 mths and I earn it, so get off your high horses. The RBS institution and the banking sector in general are at fault not this individual who happens to work for them! And from what I am seeing they are going beyond their required working remit by trying to assist people on this site through their own good will.

Sorry deep breath, its just an off the cuff comment made I'm sure but it really bugs me stupid!
    Apologise for any offence caused
    'If you ain't living life on the edge you are taking up too much room'
    'Everyone dies but not everyone lives'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills