Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    There was some questions and answers somewhere which covered some of your points ill see if I can locate them for you later.

In answer to one of those questions it's my money in my account isn't it?.....:)

I should therefore be able to move it as I wish, but owing to Natwests incompetence I can't.....:T

But thanks again for your effort in locating some answers for my questions.

I've one final question;

You're not at work are you?.....:)
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • jamie2709
    jamie2709 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Tommaso46 wrote: »
    If you call, you'll be paying a premium rate - and given the size of the problem, I expect you'd have to stay on the line for a long time.

You'd think the least that Natwest could have done would have been to set up a Freephone 0800 number.

Is anyone from Natwest reading this?

Call them on the 0800 number posted above or i have phoned them on 01216959238.
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Full service may not be available until Monday they may wanted to get rid of the back log first

People are normally very understanding when things go wrong if they are told what is happening and roughly when it will be fixed.

The lady from Natwest on BBC said it has been fixed but some payments are backlogged, she did not say that on-line customers will not be able to make transfers or access their money or pay bills!

They need to explain what is happening then people will be more understanding.

Don't they realise that some people do get concerned when they cannot access their money.

In my case I have not been inconvenienced by this issue but I do understand why others have. :)
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    But I imagine the complaints department will be rather busy in the next few weeks.

In my recent experience the NatWest complaints department was simply appalling. It took nearly two months for them to even assign someone to look into my issue. It was eventually resolved, but the time taken was simply not acceptable. That was a few months ago, so heaven knows how long it will take to sort out formal complaints now!
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • Tommaso46
    Tommaso46 Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I set the wheels in motion to change my account on Friday. Took all of 5 minutes.

Out of interest - where did you open your new account and will your new bank deal with switching all direct debits, standing orders etc.?
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In answer to one of those questions it's my money in my account isn't it?.....:)

I should therefore be able to move it as I wish, but owing to Natwests incompetence I can't.....:T

But thanks again for your effort in locating some answers for my questions.

I've one final question;

You're not at work are you?.....:)

Nope im off today thank god im working tomorrow though for the overtime to get some money in im off on holiday soon.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • jinty271
    jinty271 Posts: 1,542 Forumite
    Options
    Nope im off today thank god im working tomorrow though for the overtime to get some money in im off on holiday soon.

While you are in there earning lots of enhanced tax payers pennies, to add a little excitement to your holidays, any chance you could find out exactly when us folks will get our wages?

I am starting to find the tone of your posts slightly "smirking".
    I don't know much, but I know I love you ....<3
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nilrem wrote: »
    They need to explain what is happening then people will be more understanding.

Exactly.

I am now in a position where I am not personally inconvenienced, but am on the verge of inconveniencing others because I cannot make payments to them. If NatWest can give some idea when this situation will be resolved, I would be very grateful... after all, if it simply a case of a backlog, surely they will know exactly how long it will take to clear. If the timescale is unacceptable, then I could make other arrangements to those individuals expecting transfers from me.

This lack of information is one reason why I have doubts that the service is operable, but being withheld.
  • robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah i bet they will be in-undated I bet it created loads of overtime for them though.

You should take advantage of the switching offers that are about at the moment.

This is true, and I for one, am glad that some people at least are benefiting financially from this.

There are some offers around yes and I must take a look at them. And I mustn't forget to take my savings with me., *note to self*....:)

Thanks again.
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jinty271 wrote: »
    While you are in there earning lots of enhanced tax payers pennies, to add a little excitement to your holidays, any chance you could find out exactly when us folks will get our wages?

I am starting to find the tone of your posts slightly "smirking".

I would not read between the lines Jinty271.

I dont know to be honest I know the BACS payments are being processed manually so not every one will get there money at the same time. Its been rumoured it wont be complete fully until possibly Monday so however im not able to confirm or deny that im sorry to say.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family