PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    DB I'm coming to yours...set another place Yum, yum ,yum, yum, YUM!
  • dangerbadger
    Options
    You can have my daughter's share, Mrs LW, the ungrateful wretch doesn't seem to like anything I cook these days!
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Have friends for supper so doing something a little bit different.

Pan-fried Dover Sole with Ceps from Classic Koffmann 50 years a chef (pg 184 if anyone is interested) with a lemon sorbet for desert. Will be eating outside!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Have friends for supper so doing something a little bit different.

Pan-fried Dover Sole with Ceps from Classic Koffmann 50 years a chef (pg 184 if anyone is interested) with a lemon sorbet for desert. Will be eating outside!

I had to look it up, Dover Sole is such a delicate fish, I thought Cep would overwhelm it - interesting ...
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 August 2018 at 11:46AM
    Options
    Soup for lunch and freezer emptying goes on so some fish of some kind with sweet potato chips, peas and sweetcorn for supper and then for a treat NO blackberries, just a cup of coffee!

Not soup for lunch I've unearthed a couple of tine one of lentil dahl and one of vegetable Balti that need using so we'll have them and a tin of peaches in juice to follow, all just slightly out of date but still good!
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There was loads more meat than I expected on the lamb steaks that I braised a couple of days ago, so thought I would shred some of it, mush-up the veg, mix them together for a sort of moussaka type mix. I’ll just pop to the s/m for an aubergine and I’m set to go.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    I had to look it up, Dover Sole is such a delicate fish, I thought Cep would overwhelm it - interesting ...

It was delicious and all the plates came back empty. A great evening all round.

Was going to do a fish pie tonight with extra for the freezer. Truth be told didn’t fancy it. Will be dicing the cod into chunks and deep frying in batter with maybe a few chips if I can be bothered.

Will use the other bits of seafood tomorrow for a seafood linguine as I’m working late(ish)
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I absolutely CBA tonight - Dukka coated Halloumi fries with HM burger and salad, in a bun for DH
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Teriyaki and ginger stir fry here - noodles from the freezer, sauce in the fridge and stir fry veg bought at the weekend. Quick and easy.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• dangerbadger
    Options
    Griddled tofu steaks (marinated in tamari, garlic and chilli flakes), bombay potatoes and spinach.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback