New Post Advanced Search

What are you making for dinner?

7K replies 451.8K views

Replies

• Hopeless_CaseHopeless_Case Forumite
    948 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭
    I made tomato and red pepper soup yesterday with some over ripe home grown tomatoes from the greenhouse (they're not keeping this year) so that with some cold meat will be lunch.

Supper will be another of Hugh FW's recipes from the 3 good things book in the form of garlicky white bean puree, black olive and mozzarella pizzas with a leaf salad, I can't face another blackberry so pudding will be ice cream and blueberries with digestive biscuit crumbs scattered over and then our usual coffee.

That all sounds really lovely! Love HFW :)

I've got some vegetables left over from last night, might also defrost the last of the quorn chilli for OH - might even treat him and buy some basmati rice! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Soup, beautiful soup for lunch and it's cool enough today that warm soup won't be the penance it has been!

Supper this evening will be a couple more of the tins of curry from my larder along with basmati rice, chutney, plain yoghurt and some fresh bits and pieces, followed by tinned peaches in juice and a cup of coffee.

The bean based pizza was yummy and most definitely one to have again!
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are taking our eldest DS out for a curry tonight, haven't seen him since he split with long term GF, so exited to catch up on gossip.

Brunch will be a cheese omelette for me :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scampi and chips here tonight (OH choice) pondering between using the remaining few chips that are left in the freezer or making my own with some lingering spuds in the veg draw.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• dangerbadgerdangerbadger Forumite
    355 posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Courgettes stuffed with quorn bolognese. I'll have them with a salad, the others will have rice or chips with theirs.
  • I’ve defrosted a portion of last weeks tomato risotto and will have a go at making taleggio and basil stuffed arancini, never made this before so fingers crossed it all holds together.
  • MandM90MandM90 Forumite
    2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    ✭✭✭
    Green beans (from the garden), homemade vegan chilli, rice. Simples. Will portion and freeze some for lunches for when we get home from hols on the 20th to save spending £££ on a sandwich at work :)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our meal last night was delicious, really hit the spot :)

Tonight a chicken and chorizo traybake, with HM bread for DH - easy, simple tasty x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    OH has requested fish again so I will need to rustle it up with something.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    He Who Knows as gone fishing with a packed lunch and I will have poached egg on avocado on toast! lucky ME!!!

I'm defrosting a lamb shank (singular) for supper to make us Icelandic meat soup for supper, it's a staple out there and is more like a stew than a soup and the cooler weather means it is just right for today. Some gooseberries from the freezer will be cooked too and I have some double cream to finish from an earlier recipe and I shall make gooseberry fool for pudding and then of course coffee.