What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I think dinner will be quiche and I'll have mine with jersey royals and some YS tenderstem broccoli and asparagus tips. First time I've had asparagus in a long time as I had two reactions to it previously. I'm hoping the fact this is a semi cooked micro pot and the asparagus isn't early season that it will be ok.....if you don't hear from me again you know why.....

I only had a little bit of the asparagus....they were very slim stems....to date I'm still here

Must admit I am rather looking forward to the temps cooling a little later this week, whilst the beautiful weather we have had is glorious it doesn't lend well to being very active in the day. Just a few degrees will be fine. It has made me realise just how many clothes I have I don't need though, for the past 2 months I've basically lived in 4-5 pairs of shorts and about 6-8 vest tops.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,474
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    We changed our minds with dinner too Kerri I ended up with cheese omelette and DH used up some chicken and salad. Glad you survived the asparagus;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gt
    Forumite
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Glad you survived the asparagus;)

Not a single glad as I am I bet :rotfl:
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Lunch today will be cold meat and salad and as the courgettes have started to produce again supper will be Hugh FW's courgettes with pasta and cheese from his 3 good things book which is really tasty, blackberries and yoghurt, coffee!
  • Stir fry tonight to use up the last o the chinese leaves and the noodle stash. A bit of pork in for OH, spring onions, mushrooms and sweet peppers too I think - and carrot and probably courgette!
  • kerri_gt
    Forumite
    I have a couple of meals planned this week for when the weather cools, I today will be picky stuff as it's still going to be the approximate temp of Mordor here today.

Oh, and the fur ball is having Sheba mousse and prob chicken.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Previously frozen slice of beef, left over dried mash with garlic and onions, some of the mash will be used to make tuna fishcakes for tomorrow. Any frozen veg. Previously frozen hm soup for lunch with last 2 slices of bread for lunch. More soup to get out for tomorrow lunch.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,877
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Just had BLT for lunch. Tonight will be steak pie, new potatoes and peas.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,474
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Lamb steaks from yesterday tonight - with salad.

Kerrie it's pretty Mordor here too x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,019
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The worst thing of all about this weather is that I actually prefer being at work. I'm in a super-chilled office so it's lovely but I have to wear a jumper it's so cold!

I have a large bowl full of meat stripped from yesterday's roast chicken, and if my kitchen isn't too unbearably hot tonight I will make a chicken and leek puff pastry pie and service it with steamed veg.

If it's too hot to cook, I might just settle for a large G&T instead.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback