Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

What are you making for dinner? - Page 217

New Post Advanced Search

What are you making for dinner?

7.4K replies 470.5K views

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    The last of the soup with cold meat for lunch and for supper butternut squash, red pepper and feta cheese pies with steamed broccoli, carrots, peas and sweetcorn followed by...yes, blackberries and a cup of coffee!
  • hatful-of-hollowhatful-of-hollow Forumite
    937 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Fridge is looking a bit bare until we go shopping tomorrow, so tonight's dinner will be hm minestrone from the freezer with cheese toasties.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Islandmaid wrote: »

Kerrie what do they say 'dog have owners, cats have staff'

Oh yes, we know our place for sure. You'd never believe the sniffy little madam used to be a nearly feral stray (she was abandoned and ended up moving in with us as we had another cat at the time aka handy food bowl she'd come through the window and help herself to) A fact I remind her of regularly when she's turning up her nose at whatever I've just put out knowing full well I'll cave and end up offering her treats.

Tonight I think I might make use of some frozen veg, prawns and a pepper with a Balinese curry and rice. Could change though depending on if I cba or not
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Oh yes, we know our place for sure. You'd never believe the sniffy little madam used to be a nearly feral stray (she was abandoned and ended up moving in with us as we had another cat at the time aka handy food bowl she'd come through the window and help herself to) A fact I remind her of regularly when she's turning up her nose at whatever I've just put out knowing full well I'll cave and end up offering her treats.

Tonight I think I might make use of some frozen veg, prawns and a pepper with a Balinese curry and rice. Could change though depending on if I cba or not

But what are you having :rotfl::rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Tonight I’m having what I call a carpet picnic (mezze) = flatbread, sumac chicken, spiced cold meat, tzatziki, olives, celery, radish, feta, taleggio and a mixed salad with nectarine, pomegranate and fresh pineapple. All washed down with a lovely crisp Sav......I could be grazing for some time :D
  • WraithladyWraithlady Forumite
    231 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Too hot for risotto so salmon salad it is (tomatoes, avocado, spinach and cold cooked salmon).
    Icecream with the last of the cherry sauce for pud
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been to the 'city'.
    A shopping and a drinking. :o
    Takeaway foi dinner.
    I'll sidle into my local chippy and ask what is the best option: large cod or large haddock.
    He'll cook it specially and it will be fab.

OH will have (doner) meat & chips or Chinese.
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well - DH moaned that he hardly never gets to cook, and when he does I 'hover' - so, as a dutiful wife, I said 'my beloved, feel free to make dinner tonight, easy sea bass and stir fry veg - okay, says he - EASY...

NOW 18:14 - what's times dinner says he - whatever time you desire, says I - then reminded him, I promised not to interfere

DH Now pan bashing between BBQ and kitchen - I am on the outside of the best part of a bottle of wine - Ho-Hum.... :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had curry, husband had chicken jalfrezi, I had Dahl. With rice and Indian snacks that I had bought a few weeks ago YS and frozen.
  • Hopeless_CaseHopeless_Case Forumite
    948 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to do a chicken breast for OH and veg and new potatoes - courgettes from the garden, and kale from the freezer!