What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Was thinking about supper in my local book shop this afternoon. Fancied fish but realised I do not actually have many (3/4?) fish cookbooks. Picked up a copy of Barts Fish Tales*

The wet fish counter at the Waitrose a few doors up had a deal on swordfish steaks which I prefer over tuna so got some

Did the Grilled swordfish with lentils & salsa verde (pg.376) with a side salad. Did it on a griddle rather than grill which is a bit of a faff to clean. Enjoyed it.

*The book is o.k but was expecting it to be better. Any good fish cookbooks recommendations that do not include the words stein or rick greatly appreciated.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,474
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Mr S - dunno what to suggest, don't tend to use cookbooks for seafood.

We tend to eat what we or friends have caught and cook it simply, tonight's whitebate was dusted in cornflour and paprika, the prawns fried in garlic butter.

Our recent Bass was BBQ'd with ginger, lemon grass and spring onions.

Mackerel chargrilled, salted and a squirt of lemon.

When we visit Cadiz it's much the same, catch it, kill it eat it :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Cereal and toast tonight, as I am on my own and couldn't be bothered to cook anything.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,656
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    We were away for the weekend, lovely not to cook but the look on husband's face when his haddock and triple cooked chips were served on Friday. Served on a huge plate, with a small dish of mashed up peas on one side, with a small piece of battered haddock on the other. He was on the point of asking about his chips, when I pointed out they were under the fish. Five in total!!
    Back to cooking today, I made potato dauphinose, beef, yorkshire puddings, broccoli, carrots, peas and garden green beans. Husband was very appreciative.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,019
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Shepherds pie for us tonight, using some of the roast lamb left over from yesterday.

Mister CJ really liked the pudding I made recently, the sponge base topped with thick custard and covered with stewed apple and has requested more of the same for this weeks puds.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,877
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Tonight we're having beef stir fry.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Tonight's dinner will be salmon (from the freezer, via Cost*o) in sweet chilli sauce with roasted veg and sweet potato.
    Yummy!
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Had a lovely week off but food wise im looking forward to normality once again, Saturday I went shopping and tonight I am cooking a chicken in a bag, it will be served for the next two dinners with Yorkshires, mash and peas and lashings of gravy, the leftovers will be made for sandwiches and a dish with veg and rice, delish. Lunch is sausage rolls and baked beans – plain and simple. :A
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    MrC is having sausages. I'm having liver and onion casserole. Both of us are having potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
  • I've just made broccoli cheese soup for lunches for the next couple of days and supper tonight will be pan fried salmon with new potatoes, peas, sweetcorn and any green beans I find to pick in the polytunnel. Blueberry compote with ice cream from some frozen blueberries that need using and our usual coffee.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback