Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck Denise :D
    Maman it was really tasty
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,582 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you bubbs and Maman. Got a fairly early start again. Need to leave home just after 7 for a 9 o'clock appointment. It's really difficult to judge how long it will take at that time of the morning as still lots of people going to work (public transport in my area is appalling!). On a good day it can be done is less than an hour but usually nearer 1.5 hours but because it's rush hour we're allowing 2 hours. We can always have a cup of tea in the cafe if we're early!

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Thank you bubbs and Maman. Got a fairly early start again. Need to leave home just after 7 for a 9 o'clock appointment. It's really difficult to judge how long it will take at that time of the morning as still lots of people going to work (public transport in my area is appalling!). On a good day it can be done is less than an hour but usually nearer 1.5 hours but because it's rush hour we're allowing 2 hours. We can always have a cup of tea in the cafe if we're early!

Denise

Yes better to be early, i have still not heard :(
    What date is your op?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,576 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all goes well tomorrow DEnise :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes better to be early, i have still not heard :(
    What date is your op?

13 Feb - not looking forward to it especially as I've got to stay in for at least 24 hours after! My hospital is one that has only recently come out of Special Measures and is heading back towards going into it again!

Thanks Beanie. I'm sure tomorrow will be fine.

Denise
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    W

GTQ no idea why you use me as a guide for you

Denise

Because my loss is slow:D

Well, having done my good deed for the week and eating out, it cost me :(+ 1lb Oh well, today is the start of another week :D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • majorica
    majorica Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning well I'm gutted but not at all surprised that I have put on this week +2. Totaly my own fault but I still don't think it's the kick up the backside I need. I'm not a winter person all the gloomy dark nights I just eat and eat and I don't make good choices it's self sabotage. Ah well, I can only try again this week.
    Well done all the losers.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Hope it's going well this morning Denise.

Commiserations to GTQ and Majorica.

Majorica, I quite like winter as I much prefer the food - soups and stews and potatoes - to summer salads which do nothing for me.

Sneaky peek on the scales this morning showing a small gain for me despite my best efforts, just hoping it's TOTM and my good behaviour will catch up with me next week. WI tomorrow.

Today's menu:
    B - Alpen Light x2
    D - Spiced carrot, leek and lentil soup
    T - Freezer Surprise - no recollection of it at all but it definitely contains onions, mushrooms and carrots, and (I think) potatoes :huh:
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Alpen Lights
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (4), Options hot chocolate (2) = 6

That's assuming the Freezer Surprise is free, will know more later :D

It is FINALLY payday here so I'm going to treat myself to the 2CC book and make myself something lovely from it :j
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the gains gtq and majorica:(, even potential ones tete ;). It is disheartening but try to start afresh for a new week. Going out to eat is a minefield but there are lots of other meals in a week to plan for and also planning for snacks. I've always weighed towards the end of the week and I've always done my meal plan and food shop afterwards. I think it's a good feeling planning for the week ahead. :)

So that's my plan for later. I'll write my meal plan and then off to Aldi. I have enough in to eat for today but it might change after shopping (particularly for more Speed). I'll post my menu later. :)
  • joedenise
    Options
    Because my loss is slow:D

Well, having done my good deed for the week and eating out, it cost me :(+ 1lb Oh well, today is the start of another week :D

Ah that makes sense then :rotfl:. At least you know where the gain has come from so just draw the line and get back on plan.
    majorica wrote: »
    Good morning well I'm gutted but not at all surprised that I have put on this week +2. Totaly my own fault but I still don't think it's the kick up the backside I need. I'm not a winter person all the gloomy dark nights I just eat and eat and I don't make good choices it's self sabotage. Ah well, I can only try again this week.
    Well done all the losers.

At least you know where it's come from and that you don't like winter. I'm like Tete I much prefer winter with all those lovely stews and casseroles and soups for lunch. Do you go to group? If so, ask for an SAS log to see if you can see why you're sabotaging yourself. Good luck for the coming week. You can do it!
    Hope it's going well this morning Denise.

Commiserations to GTQ and Majorica.

Majorica, I quite like winter as I much prefer the food - soups and stews and potatoes - to summer salads which do nothing for me.

Sneaky peek on the scales this morning showing a small gain for me despite my best efforts, just hoping it's TOTM and my good behaviour will catch up with me next week. WI tomorrow.

Today's menu:
    B - Alpen Light x2
    D - Spiced carrot, leek and lentil soup
    T - Freezer Surprise - no recollection of it at all but it definitely contains onions, mushrooms and carrots, and (I think) potatoes :huh:
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Alpen Lights
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (4), Options hot chocolate (2) = 6

That's assuming the Freezer Surprise is free, will know more later :D

It is FINALLY payday here so I'm going to treat myself to the 2CC book and make myself something lovely from it :j

It may not be as bad as you think and as you've had a good week if it is a small gain it'll show on the scales next week as long as you stick to plan this week as well.

Hope the Freezer Surprise is nice! I've always been good about labelling because things always look very similar when they're frozen! I've been freezing stuff for so long now that it's a habit I've had since the 70s when I got my first freezer from Bejam! Who remembers them:rotfl:? A real blast from the past!

Enjoy making something from the 2CC book when you get it. Let us know what you decide on and what it's like.

This morning was much quicker than I was expecting as the letter said up to 2 hours but including getting a blood test done after the pre op assessment I was in there for less than an hour so got home much earlier than I was expecting.

I didn't have the nougat after all yesterday so 6.5 Syns saved for the weekend:D. Had some diet tonic made with the Sodastream last night. It was a bit sweeter than the bought ones but think it'll be OK in gin. Will probably find out tonight!

Today's plan:

B - overnight oats - HEB; F; S
    L - jacket potato with cottage cheese & salad - F; P; S
    D - Jamaican jerk beef stew, rice & peas (kidney beans!) - P; S; F

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge oats
    Syns - weekend alcohol - probably G&T

Sorry this is such a long post but wanted to answer previous posts.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport