MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    I came out the other side of third trimester sickness last week, baby dropped at 33 weeks (engaged more than usual, not reading anything into that...), so I've now had 10 days since I was last sick and I've eaten more than just toddler portions/nibbling biscuits. Far too uncomfortable to sleep, and PGP/SPD still giving me jip but I'm on the home stretch now. What's another 3-8 weeks without sleep...?!

I'm booked into a birth centre rather than hospital now, and they gave me a personalised growth chart. The hospital midwives I saw a month ago decided I was difficult to measure because of my stomach muscles but the consensus has been that I'm measuring at the bottom of the normal range. My personalised growth chart says I'm smaller than average therefore my bump is smaller than average too, and actually everything is fine. Hopefully one day it'll be the standard way of measuring growth in pregnancy in the NHS to reassure where there's no reason to worry, and pick up on actual problems sooner.
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry that you're having a tough time Lavendar.

Doctor called on Thursday to tell OH, after chasing up her last blood test with midwives, that her iron levels are really low - which would explain some of the problems she's been having with exhaustion and dizziness.

So we're on an iron binge - been adding spinach to everything!

She's got an appointment on Monday for another blood test.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Ah - that would explain it! I have amazed everyone with my good iron levels, given that I've previously had anaemia. But it's only because I've taken supplements the whole way through so I'm basically cheating :)

Got 2 weeks left at work, it's getting difficult now. With baby engaged I'm waddling like a duck, shattered, getting some rotten days with my joints, never ending braxton hicks strong enough to stop me in my tracks and I can only think the baby is headbutting my cervix. Work is very busy so it'll be a fun fortnight!
  • Dot.1991
    Dot.1991 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all please can I join you? I went 24 weeks on Friday

I’m due on the 31st August, though hoping il go into September for school reasons!

Pregnancy going quite smoothly so far, Don’t know the gender as wanted to keep it a surprise. Lots thinking boy because I’ve had no sickness. I don’t mind either way but had a feeling last few weeks that it’s a girl, I don’t know why.

Hope everyone is well xx
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Dot.1991 wrote: »
    Don!!!8217;t know the gender as wanted to keep it a surprise. Lots thinking boy because I!!!8217;ve had no sickness. I don!!!8217;t mind either way but had a feeling last few weeks that it!!!8217;s a girl, I don!!!8217;t know why.

Hi Dot, nice to see you on here.

With our first baby (boy), OH had no sickness at all. Second baby completely different, sick only a few times but bad nausea constantly for quite a while. Really off her food and lost quite a lot of weight at the start.
    Also OH was convinced that she was having a boy with our first, right from the start - but this time she didn't have any feeling about it at all.

So I was convinced that the baby must be a girl.

But it's another boy. Every pregnancy is different.

We couldn't hold off knowing until the day. We discussed it for a while and had toyed with the idea of having a 'surprise'. But I was desperate to know.

We've started doing a deep clean of the house and we've got some well rated crib sheets ordered that should fit our Chicco Next2me without being as stupidly expensive as the Chicco branded sheets!

I've also finished painting the staircase - which has been one of those nightmare jobs that I wish I'd never started - but it does look good now it's finished! If I ever have to paint another spindle it'll be too soon!

• Dot.1991
    Dot.1991 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Freddie
    OH was also desperate to know and has given me a bit of a hard time about it some days but I just really wanted to keep it a surprise, if we have another I might let him find out.

Agree with you that every pregnancy seems to be different, for every story of no sickness at all and it being a boy there’s the same for someone having a girl.

Good job with the staircase, I would love to paint ours but we have 2 long flights of stairs so would take a long time and we have 2 cats that like to use it as a scratching post so I fear it would end up looking shoddy again!

We’ve had a Next2me bought for us from OH brother and sister in law, which sheets have you bought for it? I really don’t want to pay for the Chicco ones either!
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    We got these ones : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01C5B70HC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the same make but in blue too.

£7.99 and 6.99 so 4 sheets for the price of 2 Chicco ones. I wouldn't have minded if the more expensive Chicco ones were top quality but they weren't particularly well reviewed.

These ones fit the next2me really well. There's a little extra material length ways but because they're elastic and it fits snugly at the sides the extra material is just pulled underneath. When it's in place it looks like a perfect fit.

They look and feel nice for cheap sheets

• LavenderBee
    Options
    I'm feeling very exasperated at being pregnant now. Everything hurts all the time, the baby keeps head-butting my cervix, Braxton hicks every time I dare to move/breath/be alive, he has been engaged for 3 weeks now (not fully, but enough!) yet my ribs still hurt, I am exhausted but I have another week at work.

And then this morning, the midwife says I need a growth scan. I am so busy at work I'm dreading taking more time out. And unusually for me, I'm not freaked out, I'm not worried, I honestly feel that baby is fine. He/she is incredibly active; and every time someone looks into it the answer is I am small, so odds are my uterus is small and just perhaps I will have a baby smaller than 7lbs 5oz (after all, for that to be average, surely every other baby has to be smaller?); and he/she did drop at 33 weeks and contorts him/herself into odd positions (NB I have hypermobility syndrome and also contort myself into odd positions :D).

I do appreciate the concern and I am glad they are being thorough, but they couldn't see me today at the hospital today because they are too busy. I just feel like time and resources would be better used on someone who really needs it.

Just let me finish work and I'm ready for this baby to come out!
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    You're right not to be worried about the growth scan LavendarBee. Hope your last week goes well and you feel a bit better once you've got a chance to relax a bit.

Are you all sorted with purchases?

OH is getting stuff together for hospital bag as she was starting to panic that she was going to have the baby early with all the stress she's had.

We've washed all of our sons first clothes so they're ready. They look brand new - they're worn for such a short time. His body suits look like bibs when held up against him now. It's crazy how much he's grown.

I ripped out the gas fire yesterday. We'd talked about doing it for a while since we never use it and it was quite a large fireplace surround for the size of the room, using up a lot of space and limiting how we could arrange furniture.

I was a bit worried about the mess but it's all come out really easily and there's only a small hole to fill in. Once I've finished with it we're going to redecorate the living room.

• LavenderBee
    Options
    My last week will be busy and crazy and at points I'll want to cry with panic - but I wouldn't have it any other way. Physically I'm looking forward to not commuting and putting my feet up mid-afternoon; mentally I'm dreading it. I'm worried I'll start watching daytime tv.

I think we're there as of today as we've just picked up some second hand clothes. Got in trouble with midwife for not being packed and ready at 36 weeks so made the acquisition of newborn clothing higher on the agenda. As well as newborn sizes we've got some "first size" vests which are a smidge smaller and may be ideal if little one is less than average. I may finish packing bag tomorrow if I can summon the energy.

One of the ladies in my antenatal group had her baby early completely out of the blue about a month ago so since hubby has been in the country we've done one job per weekend (cot assembly, "How the hell does the car seat work?" etc). I'm normally more of a ripping out the fireplace kinda girl though :D sounds like far more fun. And if it smells like plaster and chemicals I'd be all over it (loving strong chemical smells!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure