MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OH is feeling better and eating normally again.

Still feeling a bit tired and drained from it though. She recovered quite quickly and didn't get a temperature or anything so hopefully it won't have had any affect on the baby.

Didn't help that yesterday I also woke up feeling really ill. It's a shame as we missed the last couple of days of our holiday really due to sickness. We'd already missed one day due to awful weather. So we only had 3 out of the 6 days to do stuff.

Was still a nice break away though. Is 18 months now and he seems to have developed so much just in the last week. His understanding when you talk to him is amazing. Yesterday he kept coming to see me (as I was bedridden) and looked concerned and stroked my arm.

Today he was helping me unpack the shopping and passing me things to put in the fridge.

He's just great.

We're still not sure about names for number 2. It's really tricky.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hope your GTT goes well! Enjoy the easter break, hope it helps you recover. Xx

Thanks Sweet, GTT was vile, they really struggle to get my blood and I resemble a pin cushion with no less then 9 puncture wounds and all are fifty shades of purple/blue/black :( The drink was ok although I preferred the old days of lucozade. It left me feeling really light headed and I had to lie down for the last hour before round 2 of bloods.

How are getting on? Enjoying your baby moon I hope?!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry been a bit AWOL. Congratulations to all the new mums :beer:

I had the GTT for the same reason as you Mary, what a faff. Luckily I'm easy to take blood from and I used to donate, just takes time, more time out of work and I felt crappy for no breakfast and the kerfuffle of getting to hospital. My result was really good though, I have a type 2 parent rather than having any more individual risk factors.

I am at the point now where baby is squishing me so much that I've developed a UTI because I can't go to the loo properly, and I'm constipated, and everything gives me horrendous heartburn so I'm sick if I eat more than a toddler portion. Resulting in pregsomnia. This is a bad combination of things with PGP and SPD restricting my movement (try getting to the loo quickly!) - and now my husband has been deployed for a month. Trying to occupy myself with lots of 'sitting on my ball' jobs in the house.

Despite not being allowed use of my own vital organs anymore, I am now measuring small (fundal height wise) and am going for a growth scan :( We don't have small, or even average size, babies in our families. So now I'm worried for baby, even though they are *very* active and heartbeat has always been very good. I've not gained any weight for 8 weeks and I don't think my bump is any bigger :huh: In fact I was waiting to see the midwife and a new mum in the waiting room that I had got chatting to commented on how tiny I was for my dates! Freddie, I think you said Mrs Freddie has extra growth scans? I guess they are planned for you but do they just take the set of measurements they take at the 20 week scan again? Our 20 week results were indicating a bigger than average baby, so a bit of a turnaround! :eek:

Can't believe I've got another 7-12 weeks of this to go... :o
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    First growth scan is a week tomorrow. They measure the head, abdomen and thigh bone.

The letter said that they are 20 minute appointments.

That sounds rotten Lavendar, hope you regain the use of your organs soon!

• LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    To me he/she feels huge, maybe it's just the shape of my uterus or my previous 6 pack abs (*remembers them wistfully*) holding everything in and giving me funny numbers? At my 20 week scan one of the head measurements was 95th percentile. Abdomen was above average and thigh was a smidge above average. Estimated weight was an extra 15% above average. Can't believe I'm being scanned to check for a small baby 10 weeks later. If they are small they're bleedin' strong...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Issac! Glad to hear he is improving, what weight was he? I was an elective c-section so still in hospItal too, hope to get out Friday.

Sorry, I've been offline a bit! We came home at 5 days old, and have now been learning the ropes for the last week. Little one was 3.4kg/7lb6oz, at 41 weeks.

Hope you got hone as planned on Friday sweetilemon, and I hope the rest of you still pregnant are getting some relief from your symptoms. I had growth scans, try not to worry about them if you can, 9 times out of 10 they will just be a precaution. I think they are a little more accurate than fundal height, but they can still be out.
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Hope you're all well!

Not really had much to post

Growth scan on Sunday which will be interesting as we've not had a scan past 20 weeks before.

Teletubbies Live this morning at the theatre ... That'll be a first as well :rotfl:

• FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Baby measuring in normal range. Somewhere between 25th and 50th centile. Which is where our first boy has been on the charts.

• sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lauradora wrote: »
    39+1

Still no baby:mad:

Any news??
  • NBDS
    NBDS Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for my absence guys - worked until 38 weeks and it was hectic, as has maternity leave been (and couldn!!!8217;t remember my password). So glad to see babies have arrived safe and well!

I!!!8217;m 41 weeks today and slowly losing my mind...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure