MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Patched the hole in the wall from fireplace yesterday.

OH has a week between her current sick note expiring and maternity leave starting and although she is feeling better at home - she's still having nightmares about work and as soon as she starts thinking about anything work related she gets really stressed.

I'm going to see if I can sort it over the phone with her doctor and just get a new note to cover the last week. I'm sure it won't be a problem as the doctor was brilliant when we went to see her before - really understanding and just sorted it all out no fuss.

4 weeks to go til 37 - which is what we're counting down to with all this worry about early labour etc.

Got another growth scan at the end of this week.

Hoping to collect the car seat we ordered - bought the same one that DS is in at the moment. We got a Joie Every Stage which is birth - 12.

We got one for DS when he was about 5 months and we wished we'd got one sooner as it is so much comfier and considerably easier to get child in and out of than our Travel system car seat - which we only actually used on the pram a handful of times. Comes with lots of cosy inserts for little babies which we never got to use - so looking forward to having it from the start this time.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Growth scan was fine - they did actually scan me this time as I am measuring a month behind now. But all is well, there is an average sized baby in there, currently weighing in around 6 and a half pounds so should be around average at 40 weeks. Poor thing is probably very squished in there. I know I'm still feeling very squished too!

4 days until 37 weeks, and starting maternity leave. Physically I am ready now - but hubby gave me a pep talk this morning about how it's OK not to be doing a job I am employed for, and my job will be doing the final bit of growing of little one. I still find it all incredibly odd. I think that's the difference between him and I; he would be very happy to occupy his own brain, I question my self-worth if I'm just occupying myself and it's not because what I'm doing is part of something bigger. It's not something I'd really contemplated until recently, I thought I'd just go on leave and that would be that.

We got our car-seat at a Mothercare Expectant Parent event. Because we have to do very long journeys we have to have a lie-flat car seat, options are limited and expensive, but managed to combine lots of discounts to get the best price whilst we were actually in store (a rarity these days!). Last weekend we worked out how to put it in the car and the base is now installed in hub's car. This week I read somewhere that you ought to try strapping in a teddy (or similar) so you know how the straps work. Good idea, I thought, and went to try it out. I cannot work out the straps :o Next weekend's job, get the manual out, and work out what the hell I'm doing wrong.
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Had our 34 week growth scan this morning. All fine in fact the baby is now plotting only just below the centre line. They've grown by nearly 700 grams in 3 weeks. According to the estimate anyway.

They're now only 500 grams lighter than DS was at birth and that's with 6 weeks left to go!

So good chance that this baby will be a bit heftier.

• LavenderBee
    Options
    Good news about the scan, Freddie.

Last week marked the end of work for me, and the start of being at full term. DH now fully understands what this means and with every Braxton Hick asks if the baby is coming now :rotfl: Importantly for me it means I can go to the midwife birthing centre rather than hospital (so long as I don't go over!). I'm very pleased about that.

Not so pleased that I broke my foot at 37 weeks pregnant. It hurts, I now have to waddle-hobble mostly on crutches (which I had for my back/hips/pelvis anyway) and really need it to start healing before going into labour (except I've already smashed it against furniture again once...). Takes 6 weeks to heal fully so yes, I will be giving birth with a broken foot :o Again thank God for the lovely NHS staff.

On the upside, I have worked out the car seat straps and packed my hospital bag.
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    I think OH has gathered most things together ready for hospital bag.

Poor you with your broken foot, what did you do to it?

Didn't think you were in enough discomfort already? :rotfl:

I'm halfway through repainting the walls in the living room. Where the fireplace was doesn't look great (best I could do in the time) but we're planning on a getting a big unit from IKEA to put in front anyway!

The colour we chose is a lot lighter than we thought, practically just white. It's showing up how yellow the skirting board is so i'll have to paint that now too!:doh:

• LavenderBee
    Options
    You know what they say - in for a penny, in for a pound ;) I just gave it a jolly good whack. I was up 5 floors of stairs in the house by myself when I did it too. I think it would only have been worse if I did it in labour!

Now I am totally housebound until hubby comes home for the weekends I have a new challenge of not eating the contents of my hospital snack bag... hmmm...

Glosswork is awful, might be easier to repaint the walls! I have to confess we have some huge (Ikea, of course) wardrobes that haven't been painted behind. We're selling this house next year so it may need rectifying then.
  • Dot.1991
    Dot.1991 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Hi how is everyone getting on?
    I’m 29+3 today and feeling big, I can’t imagine what I will look like by the end! Xx
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Hi dot.

We had growth scan today - week 37 + 1
    Baby growth still charging around the same level so that's good, but he fluid measurement was slightly high.

She's had to make an appointment for Friday to see a consultant for Mild polyhydramnios. Hopefully they'll just do another scan to check the levels again. They did say it was only just over the normal range.

We saw babies face really clearly today though, she got it in a position where you could see the eyes, chubby cheeks, mouth and nose - they look just like their older brother did when he was born.

Had some little spiky hair on their head too.

Already measuring the same weight as DS was at birth.

• afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Thought I'd pop over and say hello - 25 week appointment with the midwife tomorrow (bang on 25 weeks), so I guess I need to start thinking about the last stretch (where did the time go?!)
    MFiT challenge #60
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.07
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Hi afoolandhermoney

OH getting very anxious after reading about this polyhydramnios.

Got appointment with a consultant tomorrow, hopefully it'll turn out to be ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport