MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Bosscout
    Bosscout Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    It's not really training more just...ten years of knowledge of how everything works. Every bit of equipment's little quirks, the odd noises that mean x is about to happen... all stuff you don't really know you know, until you need it! Plus every client's likes and dislikes of exactly how we make work for them...

I'm hoping to go back part time at first, but could use some of the holiday pay for that. Being old (37 tomorrow!) and this being our first (probably only) kid we're sort of embarrassingly well prepared, financially. I didn't want to be pressured to go back too soon, so I saved up an entire year's wages! Moneysaver....that's me :D
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Boss - you're not old (you're a year younger than me) but you're a lot more prepared than I am (didn't manage to save anything before we caught, but are at least out of the overdraft / credit card debt, will be able to re-fix the mortgage in September for hopefully the same as we pay now, and friends and family have been so generous with gifting us stuff already that baby's not costing as much as I had thought it would). This is our first too and I'm well aware it could well be our only one (though I'd much rather have two - even if I have found that I dislike being pregnant)
    MFiT challenge #60
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.07
  • Bosscout
    Options
    Aw, I hope you get two then!

And yeah...I hope I'm as organised as I feel! Family have been very restrained so far in terms of gifts (we did ask that they ask us, not just buy us random things.) I'm hoping I can get them to chip in on cloth nappies, stuff like that...but who knows. Not like they need to buy us anything!

I'm having a pretty easy pregnancy - except for this heat!! I am so done with it :D I'm glad I'm going to give birth in winter, all those first few months of snuggles and baby-wearing without being a sweaty mess will be nice!
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Bosscout - thank you, and thank you for reminding me of an upside to being pregnant over the summer, I can't wait to snuggle the little one and at least in October it should be a reasonable temperature.

Even family haven't needed to buy much as so many friends have given us second hand stuff - my mum is getting itchy about it though, I think she's been looking forward to shopping for grandchild #1 a lot! Still, as they don't need to spend on any of the big stuff she's happy to chip in for more of the little stuff
    MFiT challenge #60
  • Bosscout
    Options
    We got a baby bouncer for free today from a friend! So now I think all we need is nappies and more clothes...but not too many more :D

Terrifying seeing people on my birth groups on FB giving birth already - teeny weeny little premature babies, but thankfully all doing really well so far. Just brings home how big Sproglet is inside me when you see babies younger than him already out and being cared for!
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Wow, that is scary! But glad they are all doing ok. A friend had her youngest last year at barely over 6 months and he's doing great, he does look small and his development is behind what his birthday would suggest (but is bang on for where his birthday should have been). Incredible how far medicine has come in terms of caring for preemies.

Saw the midwife yesterday and despite all the comments from friends, family and total strangers about how big my bump is my measurement (first one) is below the 10th centile, so its off for another scan to check out how baby is doing. Trying not to worry too much (I was a small baby, and so was my sister, and we're OK, so I probably just have a small baby - or the measurements are way off) but hoping I don't have to wait long (as the hospital claim never to have received the consultant referral MW sent in April).

Had a good chat with the mental health team health visitor too (although I've been feeling a lot better lately anyway it was good to talk through how I'd been; I have her number now in case I get down again and have arranged to see her again in a month and we'll look at some of the more practical things that have been worrying me about how I'll cope (like how on earth you wash and change a baby)
    MFiT challenge #60
  • Bosscout
    Options
    Took my first trip to triage today, at 27weeks exactly. Sproglet decided not to move much. I think he's flipped over again, having done a few full flips now, so is now kicking me right in the crotch!

Anyway, everyone was lovely, both on the phone and when I was there. Got put on a heart trace for 40 mins. In the glorious bliss of aircon with a fan and a nurse who kept bringing me water. I could've stayed all day....

Sadly once I knew all was well I had to go to work! Which was boiling hot and hideous. But at least Sproglet is okay :)

Afoolandhermoney - good luck with the scans. Hope it shows all is well. And I'm glad the mental health visitor was helpful!
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Bosscout - its terrifying when you don't feel them isn't it. Glad all was well, but boo that you had to go back to work. Hope Sproglet doesn't give you any more scares

Still no date for my growth scan and weighing myself yesterday I've plateaued in the last week (possibly due to not eating much on Wednesday and only eating a bowl of thin soup on Thursday as I now have a summer cold to add to the fun - appetite is back again though so hopefully do a bit better this week).
    MFiT challenge #60
  • Bosscout
    Options
    Afoolandhermoney - I was honestly more anxious about phoning them up and them telling me not to be silly! Because I had still felt him occasionally, just nothing like he had been. But everyone was so nice.

And then yesterday I just felt like I hit a brick wall at work. I almost didn't go in, but we've got people off on holiday and I really felt he pressure. But by lunchtime I called the MW helpline and the lady was so nice to me I just burst into tears. She told me to go home, and checked I'd be okay talking to my employer and everything. Told me to rest for 24 hrs. I mean, I haven't changed anything, workwise, apart from heavy lifting. And I think this was a wake up call. I'll talk to my boss when I go back tomorrow. Might ask to use up my remaining holiday this yr by going onto a 4 day week or something. It's easy to forget that growing a little life inside you is tiring on top of everything else.

I hope your scan date comes through soon. What week are you supposed to be scanned? Or is it just ASAP? I have to book each scan as I leave the last, or call into the scan dept. after seeing the consultant. As much as I hate phoning people, it's kind of nice doing it all yourself so you know it's been done!

Hope you feel better soon. xx
  • Toots14
    Toots14 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Hey all.

That's me over 24 weeks now. There is definitely some relief when you hit viability day.

Still signed off sick with a muscle strain in my upper back. I'm basically couch bound as when I lie in bed I can't get back up :rotfl:

DH is off Monday so going to empty the loft of all out daughters baby stuff to see what we actually need. I am feeling very unorganized this time round.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure