MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Consultant told her not to worry basically. Got an appointment for a quick scan just to check the fluid level again on Monday. Unless it's gotten worse then things will just go ahead as usual.

Apparently anything over 80 would be considered high and hers was 85. So just over. They don't consider it high risk unless it's over 100.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    I had a look at it too, so I’m not surprised she was worried (pregnant ladies should be banned from google!) but glad her consultant says it’s not too concerning (I guess they have to have a line somewhere so some people will be just over)

My midwife cancelled on Thursday as she got called to a birth so I’m now going again on Monday instead (the joys of a small MW team in a large county means very little spare cover). She was surprised I've not had a consultant appointment yet so she’s chasing that (she says they probably won’t insist on a hospital birth, as I’m generally low risk, but my age means they get a consultants opinion; she also thought they’d want to do more scans but the sonographer at my 20week scan didn’t seem to think I would have any more so I’m now feeling confused).
    MFiT challenge #60
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.07
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Baby was born last night. Was really quick. OH was having pains all day, turned into proper contractions around 4pm. Got the hospital at 6.30pm by the time we got into the delivery room the head was already there! He was born at ten past 8.

5lb 14oz at exactly 38 weeks
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Congratulations Freddie (and Mrs Freddie)! Hope you are all doing well.
    MFiT challenge #60
  • Dot.1991
    Dot.1991 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Oh wow congratulations Freddie. Lovely news!
    Exactly 38 weeks... I’m finishing work when I’m exactly 38, so your news makes me cross my legs a little!

I hope everything went well? Nice that it was quick for her.

Welcome afool,

I am 31 weeks now, all going well so far apart from a bit of a crazy heart rate. I went for an ecg and they said it’s high but as the Rhythm is normal it’s just one of them things. How are you feeling? Xx
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Hi Dot - yep, Freddie's news has me crossing my legs too (and I've brought my leave start date back to 37+4)

Finding the heatwave difficult (I don't cope well in hot weather anyway, and I've been feeling a lot warmer than normal since I got pregnant - even in the snow - which now seems a distant memory - I
    wasn't too cold)

Hope your heart rate settles down a bit
    MFiT challenge #60
  • Bosscout
    Bosscout Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Technically I think I should be here now, at 24+6! So...hello again :)

Finally gave in all my maternity paperwork for mat leave today. Made it all seem a bit real!!
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Hi Bosscout - 28weeks exactly for me today, nice to have someone else on here. My new assistant / cover starts next Tuesday, and I've finally started telling clients that I'll be handing over projects (that really makes it seem real).

Getting my hair done tomorrow (I love how mine's got thick the last few months but the weight is now dragging it down a bit, time for a bit of a restyle - but not too drastic in case it all falls out again after baby arrives); and then I'm going to do a bit of shopping for things for my hospital bag. Can't believe I'll actually have a baby in 10-14 weeks :eek: Nursery is still waiting on the radiator being moved before we can finish plastering and get it decorated (I need the space back to store baby stuff even if little one will be in with us for a few months) - how does someone so small acquire so much big stuff!
    MFiT challenge #60
  • Bosscout
    Bosscout Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Hi!
    Yeah, we have the small cot and the pushchair/carrycot in what will be the nursery - furniture is arriving this weekend though, which needs to go precisely where those two things are right now! Argh! (It's also my OH's office, so I can't completely fill it...)

I work for a tiny firm, and I'm the second in command...Broke it to my boss today that I still accrue holiday when I'm on mat leave and he was NOT happy. :mad: But it's not like I make the rules! And he'll be getting 103% or whatever of my SMP...he calmed down after a while!

I am genuinely worried about being off for so long though...when his wife first found out I was pregnant her response (to me, right in front of him) was 'How's he going to manage without you?' I wasn't sure how to answer! I've been there 10 yrs....just running the workshop, doing all the day-to-day stuff, sorting out everyone's problems and questions and ordering things we need...Also I'm the only one who ever knows where anything lives in our millions of cupboards and draws and toolboxes :rotfl:
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    oh gosh, I bet he wasn't (though as you say, you don't make the rules), can you train anyone else up to cover some of the really important stuff while you're off?

my company have given me the option of having my accrued annual leave paid off at the end of my maternity (and I'm sure the money would come in handy), but I'm also allowed to carry over up to 5 days to the next leave year as long as I take them within a month (so I plan on using them to do part weeks on my return). If you're only getting SMP, could you use the accrued holiday in place of some of the unpaid weeks? It might mean "officially" going back early, but then you'd have some extra time off with pay and it might be easier for your boss to cope with the idea - though I'd keep it to yourself as a possible idea and not set it in stone yet in case you decide you want to stay home as long as possible - I still don't know exactly how I'll feel about being off, and from friend's experiences the "career girls" are often surprised by how much they like being full time mums whereas some of those that everyone - including them - expected to stay home as long as possible were back within weeks as they got bored!
    MFiT challenge #60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family