BT Abolish Caller Display Charge

Options

Comments

• bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    April2 wrote:
    I believe BT are going for the prize for the world's most convoluted website but, if I'm lucky, THIS is the link you want.
    Thanks.

We have made some calls via BT since we got it in April. OK - just a few when I updated the routing info on the orchid dialler whilst we were waiting for OneTel's CPS to become active. Do you think I qualify? LOL :rotfl:
  • CrazyChemist_2
    CrazyChemist_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmmmm, looks too good to be true...

Does this involve ditching the CPS provider (TalkTalk in my case) and going to BT?? :mad: I notice they state
    "** BT residential customers making calls on the BT Network can opt in to receive BT Privacy at Home, free. "
    Dodgy. Just as BT should be :p Can anyone help on this ambiguity?? :D
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    ...Does this involve ditching the CPS provider (TalkTalk in my case) and going to BT?...
    It isn't very clear but chances are you will have to ditch your CPS provider and use BT. If thats the case it probably isn't worth ditching TalkTalk and losing out on the free weekend calls (even if it is timed to 70mins).

Nothing dodgy or wrong about what BT are doing. They are just offering free Caller display for those that use BT for calls. Similar to TalkTalk that offer free calls to other TalkTalk users when you have TalkTalk, or even OneTel's free DQ service when you use OneTel as your call provider.
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options
    So what else does 'BT Privacy' include?
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    DonnyDave wrote:
    So what else does 'BT Privacy' include?

1571 if you havent got it,and they will register your no for TPS.
    PF.
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think I cancelled 1571 ages ago because there was a charge or some maybe someother reason. Do you have to pay to listen to your messages?
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Poppy9 wrote:
    I think I cancelled 1571 ages ago because there was a charge or some maybe someother reason. Do you have to pay to listen to your messages?

No its free!!!
    PF.
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options
    1571 if you havent got it,and they will register your no for TPS.
    Do I have a choice of NOT having 1571 with BT Privacy? Or is this a cynical ploy to get more people using 1571 to increase the number of calls which are connected? See The Five Ring Slam-down Campaign!.

Where does it say that BT Privacy includes 1571? Where's the full info on what it does include?
  • tonyg_2
    tonyg_2 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this post. Have just cancelled my caller display and ordered BT Privacy with caller Display. That's just saved me £1.75 a month!!

Thanks again for this great link!
    Tx
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    Options
    Donny thats why I cancelled it as I had to pay for a return call all the time instead of people retrying my number when engaged. Was a big problem when on Dial up internet access. I can't see that it says its included with privacy option though. If it is I will just cancel.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure