Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Bookends
    Options
    Does anyone known where Bott & Co challenge Tui in court? Is it near their base in Cheshire or the airline's headquarters?
  • ceewash
    ceewash Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have emailed TUI on returning from holiday about the 9 hour delayed flight. As expected from all these comments I have had no response after
    4 weeks. What is the next step?
  • Shug61
    Options
    ceewash wrote: »
    I have emailed TUI on returning from holiday about the 9 hour delayed flight. As expected from all these comments I have had no response after
    4 weeks. What is the next step?

Mail them again. Be firm or they will ignore you. They will probably stall or ignore you but stick with it.

Alternatively start process with one of the firms earlier
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Make this mail/communication an NBA, giving at least 2 weeks notice. Then either:
    1. An ADR if airline signed up to one
    2. DIY legal claim through small claims
    3 Contact a NWNF such as Botts
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Ressie101
    Options
    Our recent flight home from Kefalonia to Gatwick was recently delayed by sea fog. The fog lasted maybe 3 hours or so but our flight was due to land during that window. We were due to depart at 13:00. After very little info or any sort of comfort, the flight arrived around 20:00. We boarded and sat on the plane for approx an hour, then the pilot explained that he had run out of hours and so needed to take rest before he was able to fly. After this several options were floated and we chose to return back to Manchester on a later flight and then be transferred to Gatwick by coach (a 4 hour roatrip) finally arriving at Gatwick at approx 06:00 the next day, roughly 15 hours after we were scheduled.
    We tried to claim through TUI, but they have advised that it was exceptional circumstances because of the sea fog. Our argument is that although some delay could be associated with the fog, the fact that they allowed the pilot to run out of flying time caused a greater delay. They did not foresee this and fly in any stanby crew as other airlines had done (easy jet for example did this).
    Are they just fobbing us off or are they correct?
    Anyone have any experience with this?
  • gusman73
    Options
    Hi All

We had a 9 hour delay from the UK to Majorca. Obviously there is a need for compensation.

However, you will be pleased to know that TUI is completely ignoring my emails especially to the email address that is dedicated to handling complaints and compensation.

Couple of questions for you:
    1. Do you know which regulator I should now complain to?
    2. What can I do if they just ignore me?
    3. Has anyone else expereinced this attitude and level of service from TUI
    :(
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gusman73 wrote: »
    Hi All

We had a 9 hour delay from the UK to Majorca. Obviously there is a need for compensation.

However, you will be pleased to know that TUI is completely ignoring my emails especially to the email address that is dedicated to handling complaints and compensation.

Couple of questions for you:
    1. Do you know which regulator I should now complain to?
    2. What can I do if they just ignore me?
    3. Has anyone else expereinced this attitude and level of service from TUI
    :(

Hi gusman73,

I'm not pleased to hear that, but neither am I surprised, it's the norm I'm sorry to say.

Don't bother complaining to the regulator, the CAA, as they cannot force the airlines to pay up or even pay attention to you.

Download and read Vaubans guide, details just below here, and send TUI a LBA or read up about CEDR who are the allotted ADR provider for TUI.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a case that could go either way in small claims court to me.
  • JPears
    Options
    Agreed, maybe see what EUclaim and Botts have to say about it.

• JPears
    Options
    However a letter to the CAA to complain about TUI ignoring you and the regulation obligation they have, wouldn't go amiss.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport