Ryanair sits hen party in FIFTEEN separate rows as outrage over seating policy grows

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd ask if I could sit on the wing if I were on a plane with 15 hens.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "It breaks down the mood a bit and just means we will be disruptive to other people, as we're all one behind we'll be saying 'are you OK back there' and getting out of our seats."

They'll only be disruptive to other passengers if they choose to behave like that - it's perfectly possible to sit in a middle seat for a couple of hours and not be disruptive. Ryanair are lying through their teeth about random selection but for adults on a short haul flight it's a bit of a non-issue. Unless someone is scared of flying in which case they could have paid for two of them to sit together.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    Ryanair are now losing all the customer goodwill they have built up over the last few months.
    They seen intent on aggravating their customers yet again..........
    Come on O'Leary nip this one in the bud.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    "It breaks down the mood a bit and just means we will be disruptive to other people, as we're all one behind we'll be saying 'are you OK back there' and getting out of our seats."

They'll only be disruptive to other passengers if they choose to behave like that - it's perfectly possible to sit in a middle seat for a couple of hours and not be disruptive. Ryanair are lying through their teeth about random selection but for adults on a short haul flight it's a bit of a non-issue. Unless someone is scared of flying in which case they could have paid for two of them to sit together.

^^ exactly this. Good grief, they're only flying from Birmingham to Ibiza.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There are sections on this site & others advising consumers on how to get every last little thing out of budget airlines for as little payment as possible. It's not surprising when the airlines try the same tactics in reverse.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Perhaps all the other passengers flying as couples followed the tip on various travel sites where you book the aisle and the window seat with the hope of nobody taking the middle seat if the flight is not full (if someone sits there you offer them the choice of aisle or window seat).
  • Dia_Pita
    Dia_Pita Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good on Ryanair, why should they get away with not paying to sit together just like the rest of the passengers on the plane. Why do the hen party think that they are so special that they do not have to pay like the rest of us.
    Either pay to sit together or stop moaning just to get a freebie.

Debt Free Aug 15 :)Mortgage Free Aug 16 :j
    Early retirement 1/10/ 2016.

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    They want to naturally sit with their mate and get anxious about not sitting together, is there a chance of swopping etc cabin crew get involved with complex swooping attempts before take off.

If they are anxious about not sitting with their mate maybe they shouldnt be flying or as I mentioned earlier could have paid to sit together

The crew only have to say no to swopping
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good on ya Ryanair. Another tick in the positive box for me. Frankly, if grown adults are anxious about not sitting beside their mates, then they have no business doing grown up things like flying.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    They want to naturally sit with their mate and get anxious about not sitting together, is there a chance of swopping etc cabin crew get involved with complex swooping attempts before take off.
    Then they should pay to be sat together.

From the article:
    The group are due to fly from Birmingham to Ibiza on Thursday (22 June), and had decided not to pay extra an fee to choose where to sit.
    Their choice.
    If that's what you decide to do, don't bleat about it when you're not sat together.

Also from the article:
    Steph, 32, from Birmingham, said: "They've put every single person in a middle seat in different rows... I never ever pay to sit next to people, I just look as soon as check-in opens... I couldn't believe it.
    If it's important to you, then pay.

Also from the article:
    Steph says she has lodged an official complaint and has tried to complain three times via online chat, to no avail.
    Stupid.
    The group have got what they paid for - 15 seats on a plane.
    Why should they complain because they wanted something that has a cost attached for free?

If it's important to us to sit together, we would pay.
    Why do some people have such an inflated opinion of their own importance?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure