Fantastic Breakdown Policy Deal!!!

Options

Comments

• luv2save_2
    luv2save_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for this I was just about to take the policy attatched to the motor insurance which would have been £64 and not as good as this!
    Just got the full monty ie inc home start for £24.32 with the code!
    Thanks again!
  • langsmith
    langsmith Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Insuranceinsider, best deal this week by far!
    I just covered two cars, Mondeo (1993) & Scenic MPV (2002), for £56.72 Home Start etc. Cancelled my Green flag to get money back, which paid for this!! Untouchable deal I think.
    Passed details to sister inlaw as well... R
  • evergrateful
    Options
    I saved £110 compared to the quote from RAC. My car broke down 3 days later and overall this has saved me a small fortune!! Thank-you so much!!
  • isayoldchap
    isayoldchap Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    Options
    I have this afternoon spoken to NUD on 08000964704.The advice I was given
    when I phoned was that you should have been advised that the vehicle
    breakdown policy needs to be taken with the yearly vehicle insurance quote.
    They are aware that some policies have been done without this. :mad:
  • mrrak
    mrrak Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just called on 0800 096 4704 to get a quote...

I've been told that this code (CQM1) is only valid until this Saturday - 30Apr05. :eek:

Anyone that's interested, get your skates on...

I was asked if I had the leaflet in the post... I just said that my wife told me to call with this reference code & they were happy :A

Hope it helps...
  • tullula_2
    tullula_2 Posts: 461 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you very much:A I signed up for the RAC only three hours ago thinking I had a good deal on &137.81. After using this code I got full road side recovery for only £46.60-fantastic. I just cancelled my RAC. :beer: I'm one very happy woman today.:D
    Happy to be here.:D :hello:
  • isayoldchap
    isayoldchap Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    Options
    mrrak wrote:
    I've just called on 0800 096 4704 to get a quote...

I've been told that this code (CQM1) is only valid until this Saturday - 30Apr05. :eek:

Anyone that's interested, get your skates on...

I was asked if I had the leaflet in the post... I just said that my wife told me to call with this reference code & they were happy :A

Hope it helps...

Hi mrrak
    Welcome to Mse.You may have noticed that Martin has thanked us both for our posts here.Sorry Martin's the boss,the almighty,the owner and hard working person(and his crew) of this website.Thanks from you too.Thanks...
    Now I am a little confused.Did you have a car insurance policy with NUD?
    I don't want to be a killjoy but can NUD cancel everyones car breakdown policy who have not got the car insurance with them?Will you be left at the road side if you have a breakdown?Again I don't want to ruin the party.....
    Could they say that you lied to get your breakdown policy and that the code you used is for NUD car insurance holders only?Their T&C says they could cancel if you have been dishonest.Of course you could say that you was not advised and as they appear to remind you that some if not all of the calls are
    recorded,you could be taped being dishonest.If they done a cross check on
    all the people that took out the breakdown at the reduced price,only to find they did not have the insurance,will they then pull out there conditions?I await some advice from Martin on this.(Sorry to ask you to comment on this).
    I don't think that NUD would bother but could they ? :confused:
  • neilk_2
    neilk_2 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    I think the onus would be on NU to check to see if you had car insurance with them - surely it's not tricky in this day and age. I wouldn't worry once you've got the documentation.
  • Babbler
    Babbler Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone had their documentation through yet? I ordered last Thursday and nothing! :(
    Being bored is so boring Im bored of it... :rotfl:
  • timdiecast
    Options
    I've just been quoted £78 for a 98 Punto using the code. Seems a bit pricey compared to Europ-Assistance and GEM.

I've just checked on their website and found that the price is the same online. I've not been given the discount even though the chap on the phone said the code was still valid. Pah! i'm of to cancel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure